Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Visa extension

Visa extension

Hi[msnsmile]
    I would like to make Florida our second home, i'm a brit living in London and I would like to continue living here but only in the summer! Really want another home in a beautiful sunny climate and what better than the home of Disney World! I have a 4yr old son so it's ideal.

I know were allowed 3months on entry as i've been to the states before, but I've never tried to extend my visa so don't know how that works.
    If a Brit owns a property in the States(I still have to find out about the property laws for a non-resident), are they allowed to stay a further 3months every yr?
    Because I want to live 6months in London and 6 in florida every yr.... any advice will be appreciated, Thanks[msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    What will happen when your son goes to school..
    It is easy enough to buy a house and there are a lot of bargains out there...a friend of my husbands is buying up most of Orlando right now..but you can't stay any longer because you have a house here.

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can't extend a visa waiver (which is for 90 days stay).

Owning a Florida property doesn't give you any special rights/privileges as far as staying longer is concerned.

You can apply for a B2 visitors' visa (which is for six months) but, as Chrizzy says, what happens when your son goes to school? This is more than likely something which the US Embassy is going to pick up on when you apply for yours and his visa.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    They are quite iffy about B2 visas for younger people now as the system has been abused so much with people getting B visas only to use them to change status internally to other visas, particularly E2. If you are a retired person who can still prove ties to the UK you have no problem. Getting a visa for the child would be the biggest problem as has been said. A child is not entitled to attend school on a B visa. Children start school later in the US than the UK so you may manage to convince them that the childs education is not a problem for a year or so. You could try saying you are going to educate the child yourself. There is no way of knowing what their reaction would be, they may accept that or they may not. Please note if you get denied it makes entering on visa waiver very difficult in view of the question have you ever been denied a visa.
    Julie