Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Guitar?

Florida Newbie

Guitar?

Hiya,i was wondering if anyone knew of any musical stores? It is my 40th birthday this year and my better half has promised me a new guitar so was going to wait sand maybe treat myself in Florida but wasn't sure if there were any guitar shops. Thanks

Hi,
    there are few. If your looking for accoustic Martin @ Co are much cheaper over there. If you google 'guitar shops Orlando' a few will come up.
    Although there are some great buys on vintage resale stuff at the moment, depending on budget of course.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by marksherry
    Hiya,i was wondering if anyone knew of any musical stores? It is my 40th birthday this year and my better half has promised me a new guitar so was going to wait sand maybe treat myself in Florida but wasn't sure if there were any guitar shops. Thanks
    [/quote]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    The Guitar Center on S Orange Blossom Trail is the best place we've found in the area. Lots of well know guitar makes and really helpful staff. Even if you don't buy a guitar there, it's worth stopping to try a few.

that's the one I could not think of.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    The Guitar Center on S Orange Blossom Trail is the best place we've found in the area. Lots of well know guitar makes and really helpful staff. Even if you don't buy a guitar there, it's worth stopping to try a few.
    [/quote]

Florida Newbie
    Thanks,got around 300 pounds to splurge (thanks to Caroline!).Will try and fit in a couple of hours guitar shopping before its back to the magic

Florida Savvy
    What ever you do be careful, there is a guitar shop off I Drive that has fake Gibsons! DH spotted them last year being sold as genuine. They were poor quality and obvious to a guitar enthusiast. (Please PM if you want details)

Lakeland has a brilliant guitar shop, huge choice, excellent prices and they will let you try them all out.

I have heard that you can take a guitar on a plane as additional hand luggage like a pushchair or a pair of skis, free of charge.

Debbie

Florida Newbie
    Hi,

My son bought a guitar at a great store called George's music shop near International Drive. There is a road directly opposite Wet and Wild and it is down there, the road is a dead end. The staff were very helpful and my son was very pleased with his guitar and the prices were reasonable. He also bought a hard case to put it in.

They do have a web site. If you type in George's music shop in Orlando it should come up.

Hope you find the guitar you want.

Sue B