Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renting a Villa - still safe?

Renting a Villa - still safe?

I'm wanting to rent a villa on the gulf coast but with all the repossesions in this current climate, is it still safe to go through a villa owner or have to use a company??[msnscared]

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    If you rent form this site you are fine, all villas on here are verified every six months.
    Going through a company is probably less secure as they pay the owners very little for the renatls, so these villas are more likely to foreclose than the ones on here where we charge decent rates to maintain the villas.
    Christine

As Christine said all villas on this site are verified every six months. Some owners do not even have a mortgage so there is no chance of being repossesed.

I would advise not looking at any villas which do appear very cheap. The owner is probably not covering their overheads and will not be able to maintain their villa to the high standard most of us on this site aim for.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Hi Jayne I do understand your concerns, but it’s very simple if you take on board these points.
    First you will get what you pay for, if you decide to rent a home offering very cheap rates then you take a risk,. No homeowner can maintain their home to a reasonable standard if the rates are too low.
    Choose your home from a website that verify the homes as Orlando Villas does. along with a handful of others .

Going through a tour company doesn't offer you any guarantees that the home of your choice will be there for you when you arrive.
    Granted the tour company will find you a last minute alternative but who knows what condition that home will be in?

Take your time choose a home that has all the qualities you are looking for at a reasonable rate Then ask the homeowner any questions that will help to give you peace of mind. Many homeowners on Orlando villas website are passionate about their homes and they want their guests to be happy and enjoy the time in their beautiful homes.

Lastly if any rates for a home seems like it’s a bargain then the chances are it won’t be. When going on holiday where you stay can make all the difference.
    Good luck and have a great time when you visit .

Barbara

Florida Expert
    Have to agree with what’s been said already. The site owners here put a lot of work and effort into the verification scheme. If you book from this site I’m sure you will be pleasantly surprised. Nic

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by nicseg
    Have to agree with what’s been said already. The site owners here put a lot of work and effort into the verification scheme. If you book from this site I’m sure you will be pleasantly surprised. Nic[/quote]I have to agree 100% with Barbara. You do get what you pay for when it comes to villa renting.

This site is the best on the web and I am sure there are many villas on here that will be perfect for your stay.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

I would think most if not all owners on this site take regular visits to their Villas to make sure they are in tiptop condition for our guests.

Booking through this site I'm sure would guarantee you amazing accomodation.

I would think when you book through an company/agency you are probably allocated a villa on arrival which would make me very nervous not knowing what our accomdation looks like or even where it is located.

We as a family like to see where we would be staying before our arrival and talk to the onwers if need be.

We booked a villa from a British owner before we even found this website.
    So how do I know which websites verify the villas they have on offer?
    We booked through [edited out] about a year ago. Our villa is not on that website anymore but on several others.
    I have no reason to worry, we've always received a prompt reply, but in these times, you hear about villa being abandoned, I do worry a bit.[msnscared]

I am sure you have nothing to worry about if the owners are contacting you regularly. Advertising our villas can be expensive and it maybe just that the owner decided that particular website was not worth advertising with anymore.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Thanks Mo, I hope you are right.[msnembarrased]