Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busch Gardens ride ?

Busch Gardens ride ?

Hi guys,
    I remember seeing on tv a ride where everyone was on an escourted tour on a jeep then it suddenly got whisked away by rapids.
    The problem is i think it was Busch Gardens but i'm not sure.
    Thanks in advance.
    Paul.

Yep it is Busch Gardens, we rode it on opening. It is not a safari, you get stuck on a bridge and the bridge is washed away. It is not scarey or full of thrills but I thought it was very well done. We rode it 3 times

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by RoyalMarineCommando
    Hi guys,
    I remember seeing on tv a ride where everyone was on an escourted tour on a jeep then it suddenly got whisked away by rapids.
    The problem is i think it was Busch Gardens but i'm not sure.
    Thanks in advance.
    Paul.
    [/quote]

It's called Rhino Rally.
    Glenda and Geoff

Florida Expert
    If I'm thinking of the right ride my daughter asked to be navigator (there is a very small sign which says you can do this while you are queing) and sat up front with the driver. Middle daughter was navigator trip before that. She really enjoyed it.

Hey Paul,

yes it is really Busch Gardens ride.Here you can ride by jeep. Busch Garden is a very aatacive theme park for more enjoy. For more details about Busch Gardens ride visit at... [website link edited]

Just be aware that the last time we were there (May 2010) the Rhino Rally was being refurbished. Although theride was operational, the bit where the bridge breaks away and you float down the river was not part of it. Then it becomes just a short round the animal park in a jeep, and in that case Animal Kingdom is better in my view.

Maybe it's now all back in operation...
    Keith

We really enjpoyed it too- though it was a lot better that Animal Kingdom's Safari. (we went April this year)
    The guy driving us was hilarious he said things like "Hey these are Flamingos- no idea why they are on an African plain" Or "On you left you will see a green bush- thats right its a green bush"
    The ride itself was really fun but he made it extra special with his sense of humour- whereas at animal Kingdom it was all taken very seriously.
    The only reason we went to Busch was beause we ended up staying for the extra fortnight beacuse of the volcano and we are so glad we went to Busch- it really was worthwhile and one of our favourite parks.
    I would def go back but there before I would go back to animal Kingdom.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lynnroy
    We really enjpoyed it too- though it was a lot better that Animal Kingdom's Safari. (we went April this year)
    The guy driving us was hilarious he said things like "Hey these are Flamingos- no idea why they are on an African plain" Or "On you left you will see a green bush- thats right its a green bush"
    The ride itself was really fun but he made it extra special with his sense of humour- whereas at animal Kingdom it was all taken very seriously.
    The only reason we went to Busch was beause we ended up staying for the extra fortnight beacuse of the volcano and we are so glad we went to Busch- it really was worthwhile and one of our favourite parks.
    I would def go back but there before I would go back to animal Kingdom.
    [/quote]
    Don't get me wrong, Busch gardens is one of my favourites parks - it's got stuff for everyone. It's just that without the rapids bit, I thought this ride was a bit flat, and in that one particular aspect I thought the safari in Animal Kingdom (which we did a couple of days later) was more enjoyable, for our party anyway.

By the way, I don't understand the comment about flamingos and the African plain. Flamingos are common in Africa
    Keith

Yes the Rhino Rally was a bit boring when I rode it July 2010, the river collapsing part is removed permantly I believe.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We were at Busch last week and asked what had happened to the rapids bit. It has definately been permanately removed, its a shame as this was what made the ride great.
    It has gone to make room for a new ride opening in 2011
    Christine