Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Online check-in/ twighlight check in

Florida Newbie

Online check-in/ twighlight check in

Hi all

Can anyone answer this question please.

I have noticed in another thread that there appears to sometimes be a difference between the seats you request through 'My Booking'(Virgin) and what you end up with. We have requested 8 seats together.

The other thread suggests that once you have done check-in that you will get the seats allocated from that point.

We are already going down to Gatwick the night before with the aim of doing twighlight check-in. Being over cautious, is there any reason twhy I can't do online check-in when it opens and then drop the baggage of at the twighlight check-in.

Has anyone got experience of this. I know that this is being over cautious but this only our kids second flight(first was to Ireland) and will be nicer if we are all sat together. I know everyone is after the same, 'We want to be together!'

Any suggestions appreciated.

James

Gold 5 Star Member
    We always do this James. We check in online in case for some reason we don't get to checkin before twilight checkin closes around 9. There are usually only 2 or 3 of us travelling though so we dont have the same problem as when they are trying to seat 8 together.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    We do this too!!!I did encounter one member if Virgi at Gatwick who said it wasn't possible - but luckily I had already confirmed it was OK to do via customer services in writing!

Email them if you want to be extra safe - but we always do this for the same reason - to get our seats together!
    Caz

Florida Newbie
    Cheers for that advice.

I will definitly do online when it opens.

James

We like the twilight checkin mainly because we can offload the suitcases before we head to our overnight accommodation. If you use the online checkin, can you still make use of the twilight facility to drop your bags off?
    Wilf & Sarah

Hi,

Can someone tell me how this works please?

We are flying from Belfast to London Gatwick for our Virgin flight the night before. We arrive in London about 8.30pm. Can I check in online before I leave Belfast and then check in my cases before travelling to my overnight accommodation? Then what do I do the next morning when going for my Virgin flight?

I've never flown with Virgin before so sorry if i'm being a bit stupid![:I]

Claire

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by clairemca
    Hi,

Can someone tell me how this works please?

We are flying from Belfast to London Gatwick for our Virgin flight the night before. We arrive in London about 8.30pm. Can I check in online before I leave Belfast and then check in my cases before travelling to my overnight accommodation? Then what do I do the next morning when going for my Virgin flight?

Claire
    [/quote]

Hi Claire

You can check in on line before leaving belfast as long as this is less than 24hours before your virgin flight.

I think you would have trouble booking your bags in that eveining though as Twilight check in closes at 9 and you are unlikely to land at 8:30 amd have your bags and be at check in by 9.
    Christine

[/quote]

Hi Claire

You can check in on line before leaving belfast as long as this is less than 24hours before your virgin flight.

I think you would have trouble booking your bags in that eveining though as Twilight check in closes at 9 and you are unlikely to land at 8:30 amd have your bags and be at check in by 9.
    [/quote]

Hi Christine,

I think you are right, I've just had a look at Virgin's website and don't think we would have enough time. Our flight to Orlando is a lunchtime flight so plenty of time to check in the next morning.

Claire

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by clairemca
    Hi,

Claire
    [/quote]

Claire

I also have never flown with Virgin, you are not being stupid! I have planned this holiday for the last year and have come to realise how stressfull all these little details that you don't know can be.

James