Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fort Myers

Florida Newbie

Fort Myers

again looking to spend a few days here, never been before and looking for hints or tips.

opinions welcome please.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nice beach but a little bit tacky in parts. For me, the best thing about it is the causeway to Sanibel & Captiva.

Visit the Edison & Ford museum. Very interesting.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Expert
    Fort Myers is a large sprawling area, the beach is around 20 miles from what one would consider the centre of Fort Myers.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have to agree with the above posts, some very nice parts to Fort Myers but a large urban sprawl.

We usually visit for one day during our trips out to the villa and as Katy's Grandad says the beach area is on the tacky side for my tastes.

It depends on what you are looking for; there are many beautiful areas of coastline on the gulf side most of which are within striking distance of Fort Myers.

Lynne

Florida Newbie
    fort myers is off the list, looking at clearwater also

Florida Expert
    I presume you are looking for a villa; there are several Gulf Coast villas available through this site - find the Gulf Coast villas section.
    Clare R

Mark, I would strongly suggest that you look at some of the Gulf Coast villas before making up your mind about where to stay. There are some fantastic properties available - in fact we have promised ourselves that we will book one as soon as we can tear ourselves away from our Orlando villa. Many of them are close to the beach, and have stunning views.

We do not like Clearwater much, ourselves, as we think it is too busy, but there are some simply amazing places to visit in the Rotonda area, and some wonderful villas to stay in.
    ellie

Florida Newbie
    not looking for a villa, just fancy taking my son to the beach for a few days before we go to our villa in kissimmie.
    the idea is to see somewhere different for a few days.

looking for somewhere with nice beachs and a nice area in the gulf coast.( nice beaches see "whole of florida" lol)

spoke about clearwater today but we are open to suggestions.

cheers

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mu11en
    not looking for a villa, just fancy taking my son to the beach for a few days before we go to our villa in kissimmie.
    the idea is to see somewhere different for a few days.

looking for somewhere with nice beachs and a nice area in the gulf coast.( nice beaches see "whole of florida" lol)

spoke about clearwater today but we are open to suggestions.

cheers
    [/quote]

If you want something different from Orlando, Sanibel & Captiva islands are the places to go.