Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Alamo

Florida Chatterbox

Alamo

Hi there,

had a look at your car hire site tonight, and noticed that Alamo were the cheapest, but I couldn,t see how many drivers are included in the silver option , I can see both Budget and Dollar allow 2 drivers and thrifty 1 driver.

Also can anyone who hired on the silver option recently tell me how much they charge for fuel when you pick the car up ..
    Just tryin to work out wether its worth taking the gold option when we only have 2 drivers [ possibly 1 if my son decides to hire his own car]

THNX

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't know the exact figures but I would be very surprised if the cost of the fuel is anywhere near the additional cost of the Gold option. The effect of the recent re-pricing and the fall in the price of Gas has made the Gold option poor value unless you have more than 2 drivers.

Administrator
    Silver Option with Alamo allows 2 drivers. Alamo are quite fair with their fuel charges and tend to charge around 10% over the pump price (compared to the other rental companies who charge 2-3 times the pump price).

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you take the example of a 4 door intermediate car, the difference between Gold & Silver is £56. A tank of gas probably wouldn't come close to £20.

Florida Expert
    A tank of fuel for a mid SUV including the extra $12.50 for picking up at Orlando International Airport was $40 two weeks ago
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    What company did you use Rhosyn?

We've booked two cars for our next trip, one on gold and the other on silver. The second cars an intermediate so if the charge works out at $40 I'll be pleased.

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    Silver Option with Alamo allows 2 drivers. Alamo are quite fair with their fuel charges and tend to charge around 10% over the pump price (compared to the other rental companies who charge 2-3 times the pump price).
    [/quote]

Just checking here Roger, is that true that 2 drivers are standard on Alamo? as it only mentions Dollar and Budget on the uscarhire home page.
    Thanks

Florida Expert
    Alamo with the silver option
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Rose, We've booked with Dollar so it will be interesting to see how their charges compare.

We're off next weekend so will post info later.