Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nervous Flyer

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SteveandJan
    My sister is the same and she went to her doctors and think he prescribed valium just to make her relax. She hadn't been on a plane for over 5 years and managed it a year ago.
    [/quote]

the doc gives me valium although it labled diazapam, I take 4mg when i get up and 4 mg an hour before getting on the plane. The doc says that 4mg is a very small dose. Nic

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    We have been going to Orlando since 1996 and about two years ago,(always been a nervous passenger) i suddenly froze could not get on or of the plane. There does not seem to be any reason this happened. But it made it so bad i would not book to go again. I did go and have hynotherapy in the end and i have not looked back. We go twice a year if money and time allow, best thing i ever did and still do not know how or why it worked, but it did for me.
    Before i took rescue remedy and put some in my drinking water and that did work, until two years ago.

Hope you find what works for you and have a wonderful holiday

Mary

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by owensy
    Thanks for all the replies!! Its a bit strange me being nervous as I have always been around aircraft from a young child plus also flying them in my teens but I think it's the 'not being in control' thing!
    [/quote]

I feel exactly the same when I'm not driving. I'm okay now with my husband but very very nervous with anyone else to the point that if I have a choice I'll take my own car. Nothing rational in that, hard to explain, most people don't get it. Then again who cares?

You may want to try homeopathic (not sure how to spell it, sorry) treatment or anything based on plants if it's just anxiety and not panic. I'm not nervous on planes but I just CAN'T sleep so on the flight back I take a mix of different plants which have a relaxing effect. Works on me ... with a couple of Gin & Tonic (bad bad girl [msnwink]).

Florida Newbie
    get drugs.

i do every year, it helps big time.
    only thing is last year i panicked and took too much, slept for 7 hours.

honest to god, im terrible at flying and the drugs the doc prescibed, tamazapan helped a lot

Florida Newbie
    I spoke to my doc and she suggested Tamazapan as its short term but said I may feel groggy but im a bit concered as I am driving on the other end!! She said to think it over but she said beta blockers but I cant have them cos of my blood pressure!!

Florida Newbie
    if you take 2 it chills you for a few hours then your fine to drive.

A friend of mine froze boarding a plane to Spain on one occassion - his family did not show much pity and went on holiday without him! Their next holiday was Orlando, and he undertook a course of hypnotherapy before they went and had no problems at all. He now happily flies anywhere.
    Dave.