Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biscuits??

We love the biscuits they gave at Red Lobster before the meal also we like the cookies at Perkins so its either Red Lobser or Perkins
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Biscuits with fried chicken... I can't wait[msntongue]
    I have many recipes to make biscuits but never could manage to make decent ones. I will just cheat and fill a whole suitcase with "Bisquick"!
    Gravy is very good when it's home-made. Fat chance of that in a restaurant though, thus the "canned soup" look and smell (and probably taste [msnscared]).

Gold 5 Star Member
    American gravy tends to be very salty so if you don't like salt...
    blott

Dont forget in New York they do not have biscuits, they have something similar called biskwits[msnsmile2].

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by luckylady
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
    "Grits"

Now that is a product I have never been able to get my head ( or taste buds) around.

andrew[/quote]Love grits! A blob of butter and salt and pepper and it's yummy!

Everyone's gotta try it once, you never know, you might just like it...
    [/quote]
    I tried grits once that was enough for me, I thought it was tasteless and boring.[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Grits are among my favorite food, but they are an acquired taste. There are a lot of things you can add to grits to give them more flavor: butter, bacon, cheese, etc.
    Teresa

Super Moderator
    I rate grits alongside marmite as in love it or hate it and I hate them. I do like biscuits though.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nina A
    And of course if you want 'biscuits' (our kind) you ask for cookies. Two nations divided by a common language is so true [msnwink]

If you want imported English foods in Florida, look in the supermarkets 'Ethnic' aisle - honestly!

P.S Andrew I agree, grits, yuk [sick]
    [/quote]

We don't usually bother with the ethnic aisle, just embrace all things American...except the T bags [msnwink] but this trip we have discovered you can buy Tate and Lyles golden syrup for morning toast.
    hubby is delighted[msnsmile2]

Liz

No grits or biscuits for us up in MA. This morning someone I know that lives in South Carolina explained what biscuits and gravy was and that he had it for breakfast. All I could picture was that it sounded like it should be served with Thanksgiving dinner and not for breakfast.
    Kay

www.orlandovillas.com/villas/869.aspx
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1184.aspx

Florida Expert
    We've had Tate & Lyle here for ages. As for grits.... I like mine with maple syrup. As far as biscuits and grave goes? Nothing better for clogging up the old arteries!
    Anyone ever had Poutine in Canada? Now there's a tasty artery blocker!

POUTINE
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Gold 5 Star Member
    Looks very much like that great Northern English delicacy - chips and gravy! Makes me feel quite peckish.