Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alamo 7 seater 4x4 SUV?

Florida Newbie

Alamo 7 seater 4x4 SUV?

Hi, Wondering if someone could tell me what 7 seater 4x4 SUV Alamo are using at the moment?
    Looking at past topics on this forum it seems that Alamo use Jeep Commander as a 7 seater 4x4. I know it does have 7 seats but it seems smaller than the Dodge Durango which is also in 7 seater SUV.
    If any one as used alamo recently and can help me or if anyone has info regarding this I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    According to the forum link to car rental, Alamo are using Dodge Grand Voyagers. http://www.floridahire.com/CarTypes.aspx
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    Picked one up from Alamo last Thursday (12th) and it was a Jeep Commander. Unlike the other cars you don't get to choose which one you want as they bring this round to you.

I would have rather had the Durango, but it is doing its job just fine (but there are just the 4 of us!)

Florida Newbie
    FraserLynn, Thanks for you reply.

Could you tell me, with the back seat up in the commander (using all 7 seats) is there room for suite cases in the rear or do the last row of seats use this space?

Thanks.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by twood

Could you tell me, with the back seat up in the commander (using all 7 seats) is there room for suite cases in the rear or do the last row of seats use this space?

Thanks.
    [/quote]

No!!! We had a Jeep Commander once, and once the back row of seats is up (which makes it a 7 seater suv) there is hardly any room for anything in the boot!!!!
    Caz

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by twood

Thanks.
    [/quote]

No, there is barely room for a shopping bag in the boot once the third row of seats are up. I guess they may be a bit different though as there are only 7 seats in ours, not 8 like the one CColins had.

We had a Chevrolet Tahoe which had lots of room for the bags behind the seats. In the past we have had a Chevrolet Suburban which is a longer version of the Tahoe with even more room.
    Jim

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I hae just got back from Orlando and booked a full size 4x4 and we had a ford expedition, and being a very short person I really liked this one, as it had a step plate to get into. We also had a another full size at christmas when we were out, at it only had 5 miles on the clock, but can't remember what it was at the moment.
    CERI

Florida Expert
    We had a premium 7 seater last week from alam this was a Nissan Pathfinder, back seat was only for kids and very little boot space with the seat up
    Eric

Florida Expert
    On these Premium SUV's do the 3rd row of seats all fold flat into the floor?
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey