Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Up

Florida Expert

Make Up

One of my daughters loves Chanel make up and another one loves clinique, should we buy at the airport duty free or wait until we get to Florida.

Chanel I would think would be cheaper at the airport, Clinique is an American brand and should be cheaper in the shops in the US. Might be worth looking online at one of the department stores to see what their prices are like. When the exchange rate was $2 to £1 it was cheaper to buy at the department stores - even the European brands. Also don't forget one of the shops At Premium Outlet Cosmetic Company Store sells Estee Lauder, Clinique and Bobbi Brown amongst others at discounted rates. They are often last season colours but it depends what you are looking for, I always find MAC lipsticks there, although if I wnat a specific colour I get it at the Millennia Mall.

For make-up in the UK it's worth checking online as there are a couple of chemists on the Channel Islands that seem to be able to sell things somewhat cheaper than on the mainland - even offering free postage!
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member
    There is also a Cosmetic Company outlet at Prime up on I Drive Sally, they also have had a good selection of make-up each time that we have popped in [msnwink]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Gold 5 Star Member
    My parents were about to buy Clinque in December when the assitant told them to wait until they got home as it was cheaper to buy in the UK rather than the US.
    Paula

Chanel is definitely cheaper duty free than in the US, however I still end up buying some things in the US as they have some different colours that aren't available in Europe as well as some great gift sets that we don't get over here.
    Caroline & Dave

I always buy Clinique in Florida as I can usually get it cheaper. Have a look for the items you want on a site like Macy's then you can compare the prices at the airport before you leave.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index....2190&kw=3-Step

Often stores like Macy's will have a special offer around Bank Holidays. In October I was about to buy 3 items when the Sales Assistant pointed out that for the same price I could buy the same 3 items in a gift package and I would also get a cosmetic bag with travel size versions. Then as I had spent more than $30 I got another bag with about half a dozen samples.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Gold 5 Star Member
    Clinique is quite a bit cheaper in Florida, I always have a list of items to pick up for a friend of mine she loves the whole Clinique range.
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

If you have a change of planes, be careful what you buy in the make up, perfume lines. You will only be allowed to take the small amounts onto the next plane, and they will try confiscating it unless you manage to get it into your suitcase after you collect them and before you load them for the next flight.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Paula D-S
    My parents were about to buy Clinque in December when the assitant told them to wait until they got home as it was cheaper to buy in the UK rather than the US.
    [/quote]
    I always stock up on Clinique in Florida - its definitely cheaper.

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes, another vote for buying Clinique in Florida.

Linda