Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pancakes

Florida Newbie

pancakes

Best place for pancakes?

Ihop is a good start, but they do them everywhere -or even Crepes in the eating area at Florida Mall

Florida Chatterbox
    I think the best ones are at Cracker Barrel [msnsmile2]

Anywhere is good for pancakes for me, I have a sweet tooth and just love blueberry pancakes although I have never managed to finish one![msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    Cracker Barrel every time.
    Errol

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/1616.aspx[/url]

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by FraserLynn
    I think the best ones are at Cracker Barrel [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Having now completed my extensive and gut busting research into the pancake vendors of central Florida, I would now like to change my vote to Bob Evans, light, fluffy and not too greasy. It as a tough job, but felt it necessary to honestly answer this question.

The problem is, IMO the best pancake syrup and bacon is at Cracker Barrel,[msntongue] I wonder if Bob Evans charge corkage on someone else's syrup[msnwink]

If you have withdrawal symptoms when back in the UK take a couple of packets of Aunt Jemima's pancake mix back home with you. I always bring several packets in my case. it is now a tradition to have American pancakes on Christmas morning in our house.

Aunt Jemima's are just like the ones in the US. Just add water & a quick turn of the spoon & they are done! Yum Yum [ihop]

Bernadette

Costco ot(amongst others) do good pancake mix in the UK.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mollymolly
    If you have withdrawal symptoms when back in the UK take a couple of packets of Aunt Jemima's pancake mix back home with you. I always bring several packets in my case. it is now a tradition to have American pancakes on Christmas morning in our house.

Aunt Jemima's are just like the ones in the US. Just add water & a quick turn of the spoon & they are done! Yum Yum [ihop]

Bernadette
    [/quote]

Super Moderator
    I think the best place for pancakes is the Old Sugar Mill at De Leon Springs State park. Each table has a griddle in the middle and they serve up a jug of mix made with white flour and another which is a stoneground base with 5 different flours and you cook them yourself at the table. You can also order fruits, choc chips and lots of other 'goodies' to add to the pancakes. Afterwards you can walk them off on one of the trails, go for an eco boat ride, kayak, visit the museum or swim in the spring.

Ahhh yes I remember it well, thanks for reminding me, had some lovely family breakfasts there.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jill
    I think the best place for pancakes is the Old Sugar Mill at De Leon Springs State park. Each table has a griddle in the middle and they serve up a jug of mix made with white flour and another which is a stoneground base with 5 different flours and you cook them yourself at the table. You can also order fruits, choc chips and lots of other 'goodies' to add to the pancakes. Afterwards you can walk them off on one of the trails, go for an eco boat ride, kayak, visit the museum or swim in the spring.
    [/quote]