Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nationwide Credit/Debit Card

Florida Expert
    I opened my Flex account online and automatically was issued the debit card. Very easy, not like the hassle you get when trying to open an account usually (ID etc) Everything arrived in the post within a few days of opening the account online. Highly recommended[msnsmile2]
    Denise

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pluto
    Thanks for all the advice.

As I only want a card to be able to withdraw cash, should I just go for the debit carde?
    [/quote]

In that case I can't see any reason to have the credit card.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Provided you have the funds, then it is far less trouble to open a Flexaccount and get a debit card.

As said previously this can be linked to a savings account(the ESaver) and funds transfered on line instantly.(not that any savings account has interest rates worth bothering about these days)

Incidentally the US$ amount for each transaction(for both credit and debit card) is converted 'instantly' at the commercial exchange rate at that time; so it is not unusual to see minor variations on the same day. e.g. US$100 @ 1.43556 on one transaction and a couple of hours later US$100 @ 1.43728.

Nationwide also do not charge for using their debit card so you also get the full commercial exchange rate if you find an ATM which does not charge.
    We use Suntrust ATM's but I am sure people can recommend other ATM's which do not charge.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Florida Chatterbox
    I've just been on-line and applied for a flex account. It says I have been accepted and debit card is on its way

Many thanks for all your help and advice.
    Karen

Florida Expert
    Hi Karen, Glad you are now sorted with your debit card. We have used our Nationwide debit card in Florida for years and I`m sure if you keep just £1 in the account then it always stays open for you and then you can start topping it up for your next holiday.
    Hannah

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Hannah

That's exactly what i plan to do - load it up for holidays and keep the bare minimum in for the rest of the time!
    Karen