Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pools & Sun

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    Hi All, We're going back to Florida in October again and of course i came straight here for booking the villa, car and park tickets. I have a pressing concern though. A Single Storey north facing pool in a villa with nothing around it. will it get the sun in October? It has a large deck. Hope to get some reassurance soon as i would like to book it. Also, how far is Crescent lakes from say the sky coaster and go-karts on the I192? Thanks in advance everyone, the planning starts here!!![msnsmile2][msnwink]
    [/quote]

As others have said you really need to check out how the shade/sun affects the pool with the individual owner - I just googled the directions for you from Crescent Lakes to Old Town and it's just over 10 miles to Old Town where the sky coaster is (I'm not sure where the go-karts are) Happy planning and have a great trip[msnsmile2][/quote]Blimey, that means you must average 120 mph to get there in 5 minutes Blott! [msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by FraserLynn
    Blimey, that means you must average 120 mph to get there in 5 minutes Blott! [msnwink]
    [/quote]I think you'll find I actually said 'about five or so minutes' as in I wasn't totally sure.
    blott

Florida Savvy
    My pool faces South. Great in winter, but in summer you might prefer more shade.

The owner should tell the truth( I do) but south facing isn't alwys best depending on time of year.

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    South facing every time for us. We would always have this as one of our requirements.

Yes it does get hot and Sunny[)] you would expect that, however homes usually have a shaded area for seating, eating with fan, etc so plenty of room to escape the noon day Sun.

For us we simply wouldn't use a pool in the shade so wouldn't choose a North facing home with homes behind or two story homes which may cause shade.

A South facing home with a clear aspect at the rear,so no shade or noise from behind,maybe even a Lake view or Conservation[msnwink]............ mind you we would say that wouldn't we,[msnwink]

I think you will find most owners will put across views to endorse their own homes location.

The best advice is read all the posts and make you own mind up.

One thing is for sure a Villa in Florida is an excellent choice for your holiday/vacation.[msnsmile2]

As for driving/distances from Homes to various points of interest, again some economy with the truth from 'some' owners here.[msnwink]

If you want to know the true distances just use another source to check the distances from Parks etc and again make your own decision.

Most of the Disney homes on here are all well within reach of the Parks, etc.
    Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi I agree totally with Graham, we also would choose a totally south facing pool all the time, but as others say it also depends on what is a the back of the home.

I would do some searchs of your own for distances and also use the search facility on here, its very useful.

Have a great holiday!

Cindy