Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cheap flight tricks

Florida Chatterbox

cheap flight tricks

What are the different ways in trying to capture the cheapest price for your flights to florida... Some people wait last minute, some book it as soon as the flights are release, 365 days in advance.

what is your trick when booking.

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    I usually have a price in mind that I would be happy to pay taking into account the time of year, school holidays etc. If I find a fare that is within my target/budget and with my preferred airline, then I will book.
    Frances

Stay flexible by a few days and check the websites frequently
    Shirley

I book as early as I can, if the price comes down, so be it. Friday, Saturday & Sunday travel is more expensive.
    Regards, Mark

Prices generally go up as the plane fills up, so leaving last minute is not good. Generally I have always found the best prices to be when the flights are released, from then on they seeme to just keep rising. Although airlines do sometimes have sales.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ukman
    What are the different ways in trying to capture the cheapest price for your flights to florida... Some people wait last minute, some book it as soon as the flights are release, 365 days in advance.

what is your trick when booking.
    [/quote]

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I have done it both ways, but that was a couple of years ago, I did book a february flight two years ago 48 hours before flying with a chartered airline, and got it for £200 each. Have never been able to repeat that again, as I find now the chartered flights are not advertising flights that leave 2 weeks before, even if the aircraft is not full.

I now also book our flights as soon as they become available, as the majority of the time I fly in the school holidays so they fill up pretty quick.

With one airline their christmas/new year flights have just come out and I was able to book them for £490 each, which is a lot cheaper than I have normally got. I did leave booking our summer flights for a couple of weeks after they came out and had to end up paying £652 each.

always book them now as soon as I can.
    CERI

We keep looking until the price we want appears as some companys throw them out if they are quiet and need business .
    So it takes a little patience but well it in the end .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    With scheduled airlines over the last few years they have always had sales where there isn't much difference between the major airlines. In my experience 'last minute' tickets are never cheaper.

With charter airlines there is always a chance of 'last minute' fares being sold off very cheaply, but usually it is for a set period, say, 2 weeks.

Florida Chatterbox
    we got flights from Manchester which left on the 8th Jan for 2 weeks with First choice , we paid only 39.00 plus tax 3 of us got for 489.00 ..... we booked on the 1st Jan

I needed 6 flights for dates which fitted exactly into school holidays, and booked them the day they were released, 11 months before flying, at £490 each. Then family circumstances required me to get a 7th seat on exactly the same flights, which I booked 10 weeks later, and cost £1130.

So for scheduled flights in school hols, my vote goes with the sooner the better.
    Dave.