Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alcohol age limit

Yep, I heard that too. I was buying some beer in Walmart, and when asked by the young cashier for ID I replied, "that's very sweet of you to ask, but this is my 14 year old daughter, so I reckon I'm over 21". The cashier explained that if she was observed by her supervisor NOT checking ID of anyone buying alcohol, then she would be disciplined.

Rules Is Rules I suppose.
    Dave.

I had something very similar in Publix - I had my 21 year old daughter with me - they still insisted on ID - although I never get ID'd when I go shopping with hubby!!
    Caroline & Dave

We have just returned from USA and were asked for ID in Florida, Georgia and in Washington when asking for a drink in a restaurant and my husband and I are both in our 60's, so carry either your passport or any photo ID you may have. (Or perhaps we just look 21!!!!!!!!!!!)

Val

Florida Expert
    Yes that happened to my husband in Walmart , he was chuffed. My son is 28 and he is always being asked for ID in the USA . Its a good idea but i think they take it a bit too far. By the way what age is it legal to carry firearms in the US?
    Olive

Florida Savvy
    We've never been asked for proof of age ID but always carry ID just in case.

I was asked in Walmart for ID when buying alcohol, then went to another shop and without asking I was asked if I wanted the over 55 discount. Work that one out[msnwink]
    Jill and Brian

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by thornton
    I was asked in Walmart for ID when buying alcohol, then went to another shop and without asking I was asked if I wanted the over 55 discount. Work that one out[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Part of the fun of being in Florida !!!!
    Clare R