Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol age limit

Florida Newbie

Alcohol age limit

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if the drinking age in Florida is 21? I'm 23 so thought I would be fine but my dad just got back from Dallas & said the age limit there is 25! Any help appreciated, thanks!

Beccy

It's 21 in Florida and you will definitely need to carry ID with you that has a photo and your date of birth on it otherwise they will not serve you. [msnsmile2]
    Carla

25? To my knowledge the National Minimum Drinking Age Act says 21, anywhere in the USA. Before the ect each state had its own legal age for drinking. Might be your dad encountered some county/city zealot decree, but I'm sure someone would go to Court to challenge that, 21 is bad enough. Or maybe daddy doesn't want you to get wild
    [beer]

You'll be fine, don't worry, but carry valid photo official I.D, because you WILL be asked for it and they mean it when they say no proof of age no alcohol [msnscared]

Florida Expert
    It is 21 yr old all over the US. You will be fine but like Carla said be sure to have a photo ID with you or they will not serve you.

Cheryl

Florida Expert
    In order to purchase alcohol in somewhere like Wal Mart you need to be 40. Only wine and beer available in supermarkets, anything stronger from liquor stores that are generally next door to the supermarket.

In a bar/restaurant you will definitely be asked for photographic proof of your age.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Be prepared to be asked for your ID if you look under 40. In fact we tried to get a drink at Chicago O'Hare airport and they were asking for ID from everybody including the 80 year man in front of us.

Also purchased alcohol must be carried, unopened, in the trunk/boot of the vehicle as its is also illegal to carry alcohol in the main body of the car.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

I don't think you NEED to be 40 but you will be asked for ID if you even slightly just LOOK underage. And as Neil and Cathy say you will be probably asked for ID no matter how old you look. As a matter of fact I was IDed in Kansas City last year and I'm 40, and they didn't let my best friend get in the club, and she's 50, because she didn't have a valid proof of age. We decided to be positive about it and take that as a compliment: we're young and beautiful.[high5]

Very true also about alcohol (even beer) remaining hidden from sight, don't forget about that if you have a picnic on the beach. They give you paper bags at the store though. And you can pour your beer in one of those plastic cups.

I think the prompt that comes up for WalMart staff is to check ID if they look under 40, not that they can't sell it to you if you are over 21.
    I aways hope to be asked [msnwink]
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    Definitely take ID otherwise they definitely won't serve you. They are very very strict and adhere to the law
    Jan&Steve

Florida Expert
    I believe it is still 21 in Florida. My daughter and daughter in law were 28 and 29 on our last visit and were asked for ID in all of the restaurants etc. Something with your picture and DOB are required.

We were told that it would be the member of staff serving you that would be prosecuted and not the restaurant owner, so the staff are very careful not to make a mistake.
    Mary