Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Would you have laser eye surgery?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 56.84%
  • No

28 29.47%
  • Undecided

13 13.68%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you have laser eye surgery?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jimiansville
    I would love to have it done but the fear factor kicks in and stops me in my tracks. Not fear of the procedure from a pain point of view but a real fear of something going wrong. Also, I still see a lot of opticians and other people connected with the business wearing glasses. When they pluck up courage I will join them!
    [/quote]

Don't forget that no everyone is suitable for laser surgery. I know many people who would have it done but for one reason or another have not been able to. I'm one of them but fortunately I now have one normal eye(because of a cataract operation) and one short-sighted one.
    Jill and Brian

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    I have voted yes though I am a bit sqemish about it but I hate wearing glasses for reading and so I would have to be brave I think!
    Frances

Florida Expert
    I would not.

I am worried about what might happen more years down the line or being one of the small percentage for whom it goes wrong. I could not imagine not being able to read.

And yes, I too am squeemish about my eyes.

So for the minute I will be shelling out for glasses every couple of years.

Yes I would have the surgery but am also concerned about the 0.1% of people who have problems. Our optician says I shouldn't have it done yet due to changes going forward.

I have wearing glasses for golf and tennis would love to be able to read a car numberplate at 30 yards without glasses.
    Regards, Mark

I would not take the risk because if it goes wrong your sight is damaged for ever
    I know someone who had it done about 4yrs ago Great at the begining but now has to wear glasses again
    Carol

Florida Expert
    I had it done 2 years ago and am so glad I did it. I went from long-sighted with a severe astigmatism in my right eye which meant that without my glasses the best I could do on the optician's chart was the bit 'A' at the top. I now have perfect vision in both eyes.

It's obviously a very personal decision. I had to have lasek rather than lasik due to my small eye sockets and the recovery is slightly longer - and I did experience some serious discomfort in the first 48 hours - but it was absolutely worth it.
    Angela

I wear contacts and have done for 30 years -now I have reading glasses but would like to have laser treatment but am a real wimp when it comes to pain so would have to say no.

Florida Expert
    I wlll let you know when my daughter has had it done in half term. She has had no end of problems with eye infections mainly caused by her contact lenses, and she has tried many many different types so has decided this is the best way forward.

I just wish i could wear contact lenses but can't and am too much of a coward to risk an op.

I would have laser eye surgery to correct my vision tomorrow, but my concerns outway the desire to take the initial first steps.
    Barbara

Hi

I had it done 3 yars ago and its the best thing ever!!

Dianne
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3290.aspx

www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3405.aspx