Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: carseat: check or board?

Florida Savvy

carseat: check or board?

My 3 year old is not yet big enough for a backless booster (5 lbs to small), so we have decided to take her big brother's booster with us and replace it while we are in FL - it is tatty to say the least. My only question is whether or not we should check it as luggage or if she would be better off using it on the aircraft. What are your experiences and advice? Thanks.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi personally I would check it with your baggage, one less thing to carry. The checkin desk usually have large protective bags and tape to protect it.

Florida Chatterbox
    I contacted virgin last month to ask the same question about child seats and they will not allow use onboard but would supply a safety seat, looks like a car seat

hope this help

there reply

For health and safety reasons we will not allow passengers to use their own car or child seats onboard our aircraft. Passengers requiring the use of a child seat onboard may utilise Virgin Atlantic's own Infant Care Chair (ICC).

Virgin Atlantic was the first airline to carry an ICC designed to meet with Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) specifications. The ICC can be used throughout the flight including during take off, landing and when the 'fasten seat belt' sign is switched on. The CAA has authorised the use of our ICC for children aged 6 months to 4 years. Passengers who require use of an ICC will need to have purchased a seat for the child at the applicable child fare.

Florida Savvy
    Thanks for the responses you two. Paul, we are actually flying United/Lufthansa from Frankfurt, so the ICC won't be available. I have no problem with my five-year-old in an aircraft seat, but didn't know if my three-year-old would have too much space and prefer the confines of a car seat. If she isn't happy, then no-one on the flight will be happy. I think that we will be buying drinks to butter up our neighbors!![party2]