Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking food and drink into theme parks

Taking food and drink into theme parks

Hi,

Are you allowed to take your own food and drink into the various theme parks (Disney and Universal)?

Can I take in a cool box?

Thanks in anticipation

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    The parks have no problems with you taking foods into the park, although taking and dragging a coolbox around with you will be very tiring, I would suggest, maybe putting some water bottles and cookies etc in your bag to keep you going for a couple of hours and put the coolbox in a locker inthe park, or you can leave it in the car and come back to it for a break, Disney have the trams that run to all the parking lots, and universal is a multi sorty, that is within easy reach of the entrances.
    CERI

We tend to take a small ruck sack or something similar with our lunch in. As stated taking a Cool Box would be very tiring.

I picked up some small ruck sacks in WalMart that just hold 2 bottles of water and some sandwiches. That way the kids can carry their own water, as one person carrying water for 5 people was too much. The more they remember to drink, the lighter their bags become!
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi

we always freeze bottles of water and then as the day goes on they start to thaw and are nice and cold to drink.

Julie

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    We freeze water too and also take the small baby carrots for snacks, they stay cool next to the iced water!!
    Frances

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Travel light! Carrying a cool box around all day woud be a pain-don't forget there are loads of water fountains in every park and if you're hungry get one of those Turkey legs they'll keep you going all day!! (only joking-i appreciate the different budgetary/dietary needs on the forum-serious about the water fountains though)

Florida Expert
    we always take a cool box with us and I think the only park to have an issue with it is Animal Kingdom. But it is heavy for the person who has to drag it along we have one that looks like a suitcase with wheels.
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

Hi,
    Not taken a cool box into parks for some time but did when the children were smaller and bought a locker for the day at the park enterance popped the cool box in and returned at various times during the day for food and drink. I am sure you can still hire the lockers for the day.

Val

richo, can I suggest you don't bother taking food and drink in? Honestly, the thought of lugging it around all day is a real turn off. The parks are full of food and drink. If you don't fancy the prices, eat a huge breakfast before you go and drink water from the fountains - either option seems much better than the alternative. Storing it in a locker means a good walk back there and interrupts the flow of the day.
    Tonish