Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking food and drink into theme parks

Florida Junior
    We have a couple of small backpack, the kind with drawstrings at the top, that we carry in with us. We got a great tip a couple of years ago to freeze gatorades and carry them in the backpacks. We usually take 4 of the .5 liter frozen gatorades and sip on them as they melt. Not very heavy and the cold against your back feels great in the summer months. As far as food, we eat a good breakfast, arrive at the first park we are going to that day right before it opens and stay until midday then go back to our villa, and either pick up lunch or fix something there. We always pack the Walmart trail mix and granola bars that won't melt in the backpacks also and snack on that while in the parks. Security will look through your backpack as you go in but will not have a problem with any of that.

Chuck

Florida Expert
    The last time we went to Cypress Gardens they did not allow you to take in food and drink.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We bought a padded ruck sack from the Nike shop and it has a cool bag compartment built in it. The straps are really padded and even with 12 cans in it it does not feel uncomfortable.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog
    and if you're hungry get one of those Turkey legs they'll keep you going all day!! [/quote]

Sorry to go off-topic, but this made me smile. A couple of weeks ago my eldest son (23) came home and told us he'd had a sudden flashback of himself trying to eat a turkey leg that was about as big as himself! He had no idea where or when it had happened. I reckon it was about sixteen years ago when he was 7 !
    Dave.

Florida Junior
    Richo, there really is no need to take drinks into the parks, all the cafes and stands which serve soda from machines will give you as many free beakers of iced water as you want.

You don't even need to queue, simply very politely stroll up to the serving counter and ask politely for free iced water.

Food is another matter, I guess some people will need celiac or gluten-free etc., but really, please don't lug water around with you.

Have a great time

VV

Florida Chatterbox
    we always take a cool ruck sack type thing with sannies and lunchables for kids and drinks.But you run out pretty quick on the drinks down to the heat. But i cant help myself buying a mickeys premium ice cream or the strawberry one.mmmmmm canny beat it..
    paul and fiona

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Dads_Taxi
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog
    and if you're hungry get one of those Turkey legs they'll keep you going all day!! [/quote]

Sorry to go off-topic, but this made me smile. A couple of weeks ago my eldest son (23) came home and told us he'd had a sudden flashback of himself trying to eat a turkey leg that was about as big as himself! He had no idea where or when it had happened. I reckon it was about sixteen years ago when he was 7 !
    [/quote]

Yep, off topic again but one of those bad boys fed my two boys and their Gran for the whole day[msnsmile2]

We did the pack lunches the first time we visited Orlando to save a few quid but to be honest it probably cost the same as eating in the parks. We had the luxury of a pram having to hang stuff off but it was still a pita.