Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATM charges?

Florida Chatterbox

ATM charges?

I'm sure I read somewhere that some atm machines were charging for withdrawals. I've searched the forum but can't find the thread.

Looking for confirmation now, anyone been caught out recently or does it only apply to certain machines.

I normally use the SunBank machines in Walmart but it has been 18 months since our last trip.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have been using the SunBank machines at my local WalMart and haven't been charged anything, although the machine has a sign on which states that a $2.00 charge applies to withdrawals.
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Christine for the warning about the sign, hopefully it won't apply in the WalMart we use at Bass Road on the 192.

I've suggested that my sister open up a Nationwide account to use instead of buying traveller cheques, I don't think she'll be impressed when she sees this sign.[msnscared]

We've been using our atm cards for a few trips without any problems or charges. With the current climate then I wouldn't be surprised to be charged but I'd like to know beforehand. That way we can draw out larger amounts to make the charge worthwhile.

when we went before we were told that walmart doesnt charge so have always stuck with them.... make sure you let your bank know you will be using an ATM abroad..... you would hate for them to suspect fraudelent activity and refuse your card.....
    Liesa

Florida Newbie
    The ATM at Publix (Presto) does charge $2.00 everytime. I agree Walmart has never charged yet.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chris c
    I have been using the SunBank machines at my local WalMart and haven't been charged anything, although the machine has a sign on which states that a $2.00 charge applies to withdrawals.
    [/quote]

Sorry - slightly false information.
    The sign actually says that there may be a charge of $2.00!
    Christine

This happened to us this trip! We couldn't get any money out!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    when we went before we were told that walmart doesnt charge so have always stuck with them.... make sure you let your bank know you will be using an ATM abroad..... you would hate for them to suspect fraudelent activity and refuse your card.....
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry - slightly false information.
    The sign actually says that there may be a charge of $2.00!

[/quote]Centrestate machines have the same warning, I presume they mean for non-customers of that bank.
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    My local Wal-Mart(not in Orlando) has always charged 75c. So I suppose it depends who services their ATM.

Several ATMs near me said they may charge - but never did. However last time I got charged $1

I have Nationwide credit and debit cards. So I use the credit card for just about everything and I doubt if I spend more than a couple of hundred dollars in cash on a trip.

Florida Chatterbox
    I always ring Nationwide before I go to Florida but only for my credit card. I was told that I didn't need to inform them if I was only going to use my debit card. I regularly use them in Spain without any problem but I suppose it's wise to be cautious and ring your supplier.