Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virgin TV

Virgin TV

Does anybody have Virgin TV and can they recommed it, as due to a fab offer we are considering moving from Sky.

We did consider moving to Virgin about a year ago but didn't because you couldn't recieve Sky 1 and alot of the other premium channels which Sky offer and were not available through Virgin. Think this was a Sky v Virgin thing.

But now Virgin do just about all the Sky Channels.

We currently have Telephone & Internet through Virgin, and now signing up to Virgin for TV as well will save us approx £35 per month.

We have everything with Virgin and the tv side is good , With the internet they were working on it as we have only 2 mg and i have put it on a speed test and sometimes it is slow so we rang them and we could have paid £7 more to have a better speed , That was what sales said anyway i rung the engineers and he said do not up grade as Virgin was working on thinks and everyone was getting higher speeds for free so we left it has it was and it did go faster 2 weeks on .It must have been a sales pitch.
    My son has SKY and he does not like it so hes thinking of going with Virgin .
    Hope this helps .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

wrpac00
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
    Does anybody have Virgin TV and can they recommed it, as due to a fab offer we are considering moving from Sky.

We did consider moving to Virgin about a year ago but didn't because you couldn't recieve Sky 1 and alot of the other premium channels which Sky offer and were not available through Virgin. Think this was a Sky v Virgin thing.

But now Virgin do just about all the Sky Channels.

We currently have Telephone & Internet through Virgin, and now signing up to Virgin for TV as well will save us approx £35 per month.
    [/quote]

It depends what channels you want. If you want everything Sky is a lot cheaper than Virgin.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We use this a lot..

http://www.hulu.com/tv
    Can you watch it in the UK..

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    We use this a lot..

http://www.hulu.com/tv
    Can you watch it in the UK..
    [/quote]

Not yet but they are 'working on it'!! [msnsmile]
    Frances

Sky for us jusst for the ease of using Sky+. We were with NTL before they became part of Virgin and we weren't happy with the quality of service, especially the internet. Not had any problems so far after 3 years with Sky.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Savvy
    Sky for us to - just for the ease of using Sky+ (it's a cinch) - I think Virgin have something similar now but we just think Sky+ is great.,

I couldn't bear trying to show Jan how to pause/record stuff on another system.... life is really too short.

I like the Virgin on demand but I must say I still wish I had my Sky +, it was so handy for stopping/recording etc.
    Team Thomson

Florida Chatterbox
    As has been said that you have to balance the Sky plus with Virgin on-demand. I have sky but would love to have on-demand but would hate to lose sky plus.
    Andy

Well we are now with Virgin TV and think its very good. Think there are Pro's & Con's with both providers. Do like the Virgin on demand thought.