Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Advise Needed Pretty Please

Florida Newbie
    hiya,

we got married in florida & did a 4 centre holiday.

we started in orlando, then to south beach in miami, then the keys & then fort lauderdale.

my favourite place is south beach - absolutely loved it, & its perfect for couples. we now have a little girl & dont really think its suitable for her. but we;l definitley go back when shes older.

lynsey

Best wishes for your Wedding.

As a Rotonda Villa owner I am also biased but I know several couples who have spent a few days or a week in Rotonda either before or after their trip to Orlando. After a hectic build up to a wedding it is the perfect place to unwind together - your own private pool and plenty of local restaurants.
    In September the Rotonda area will be very quiet and the beaches quite deserted. Our local Stump Pass Beach is certainly romantic for walking along at sunset and watching the dolphins.

Some owners may be happy to take a few days if it fits in with bookings. It will definitely be cheaper than staying in many hotels and you will not b disturbed by noisy neighbours in the next bedroom.

Mo
    Maureen Green

I don't know how to post the link, but if you look under this section back to 9 July 2007 -under Help Needed, I posted some pictures of Captiva.

We've been back a few times since and couldn't recommend it enough. There are plenty of places to rent, and if I ever win the lottery, that's where I'm off to.
    Tonish

Florida Savvy
    I too am a Rotonda Owner, but for your purposes I would suggest stays on the beach, closer to an area with good/great nightlife.

Like Lido/Siesta Cay, on the gulf and south in the Keys in Key Largo or Islamorada and Key West. plus a few nights on South Beach in Miami, later in your vacation when the jet lag has worn off.

Congratulations on your wedding. I think the Rotunda area would be perfect for a honeymoon destination. We love the beaches and try to get down there every time we visit Florida. Sometimes I wish that is where we had bought our villa. There are some fabulous restaurants and places to visit. It would get my vote every time.
    Jill and Brian

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tonish
    I don't know how to post the link, but if you look under this section back to 9 July 2007 -under Help Needed, I posted some pictures of Captiva.
    [/quote]

is it this one?

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_37969.asp

Florida Savvy
    Wow - all these places sound amazing!! The photos from Captiva blew me away so we are looking to spend a night there and a couple of nights in Sanibel island as well possibly instead of going to Naples. So that's going to be almost half our holiday sorted out.
    Going to have lots of fun over the forthcoming weeks looking at all the other places people mentioned and deciding where else to visit!!!
    Thanks again for all your help
    Nikki

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by niccola27
    Wow - all these places sound amazing!! The photos from Captiva blew me away so we are looking to spend a night there and a couple of nights in Sanibel island as well possibly instead of going to Naples. So that's going to be almost half our holiday sorted out.
    Going to have lots of fun over the forthcoming weeks looking at all the other places people mentioned and deciding where else to visit!!!
    Thanks again for all your help[/quote]I really wouldn't bother splitting your Sanibel & Captiva stays. Although they each have their particular personalities, geographically, they're more or less the same place.

Wherever you stay on either of them, you're just a few minutes drive from the other.

Enjoy!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Katys Grandad Posted - 15 Jan 2009 : 06:27:16
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Tonish

is it this one?

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_37969.asp [/quote]

Thanks for sorting that. Just been looking at them again and it seems like a lifetime ago. Cold wet creditcrunchy UK just doesn't compare! I'm off to check out the villa availability.
    Tonish