Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffett

This Christmas for the first time we took a 5 day cruise from Tampa stopping at Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We had a great time but the highlight for us was at Cozumel. Jimmy Buffett did a small set at Margaritaville (there were only about 75 of us there) and it was great! Afterwards George and I got photos with him and he told us that he is coming to London to do a concert this year. We were so lucky to be there on the day he did this

Good for you Pam. Glad that this made your trip! Hope you enjoyed your first cruise experience and Jimmy Buffet was a great bonus. Well done.

Sandra

Florida Expert
    Is Margaritaville easy to get to when you get off the ship in Cozumel?
    Tracey

It is about 2 miles straight along the sea front. We walked and it is the first thing you come to as you hit the town.

Florida Junior
    It depends where you berth in Cozumel, we were only 10 mins walk away when we visited the last time. You must have the nachos, they are wonderful.

[msntongue]
    Hazel

Possibly giving away my age, but who on earth is Jimmy Buffet and how do you pronounce it - french style or rhyming with bucket? I see his name everywhere.
    Tonish

Florida Savvy
    You don't know who Jimmy Buffett is ? No wonder investment banking is in chaos Just check out a few of his songs on Youtube. If you like a laid back mix between country/reggae and and carribean music you'll be in for a treat. And according to Wikipedia between his restaurants, album sales, and tours, he earns an estimated $100 million a year.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I picked up one of his cd's in Poundland this week and as soon as my daughter heard it playing, she walked into the room and said "Seaworld!". He is like the man who plays the guitar and sings at the dolphin show.

In the same sort of vein, hands up who hears the Muller yoghurt advert, when they sing "are you'all ready for this?" and gets transported to the Shamu stadium in their head?
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tonish
    Possibly giving away my age, but who on earth is Jimmy Buffet and how do you pronounce it - french style or rhyming with bucket? I see his name everywhere.
    [/quote]

I know you're a Floyd fan Tonish and I don't think they see Jimmy Buffet as direct threat so it might not be to your taste. I'll bet you've heard his music on the beach outside the Mucky Duck on Captiva without knowing it. One of his most famous tracks 'Cheeseburger in Paradise' is said to refer to Upper Captiva but it's also attributed to almost everywhere else he's ever been.

To be fair, I do have 1 of his albums which I bought in Florida. I'd describe it as 'easy listening' and it works well when you're sitting in the sun with a cocktail (his best known song is actually about that).

It doesn't work quite so well for me at home on a grey February morning though.[msnwink]

Well, I'll give anything a try once, I'll check him out on Napster/Youtube this weekend. If it reminds me of sitting outside the Mucky Duck, it may well be worth it. Thanks for the info

Easy listening I can do, as long as it's not country. Can't stand country music.

What about the pronunciation? Buffet like bucket or bouquet?

@peterB - If it's not on Bloomberg I won't have seen it! Only get to see anything else at weekends I'm afraid.

Tonish