Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tickets for Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Florida Chatterbox

Tickets for Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Hi

Whilst we will be in the Tampa area in July/August i would like to take the family to see the baseball.

I have chcekd out the TBDR website but it is too early for single game pricing etc to be published.

Any guidance on best deals etc, where to park, sit would be very helpful.

Cheers

N

Florida Newbie
    We went to see the Tampa Bay Rays play at Tropicana Field [their home ground] in May 2008. We bought the tickets in March so you might have to wait a couple of months before they go on sale. We got ours through the Tampa Bay Rays website. We bought the cheapest tickets, $9 each, with all fees on came to $26.75 for 2 tickets. I recommend just paying this amount as the view we had of the game was brilliant, we were high up and directly behind the batting area [if thats the right term] and had a great view of the field and the whole stadium.The exact place we were sitting was Upper Deck, Infield, Section 300 row J. As far as I can remember you can see where you sitting before you purchase the tickets. On the receipt you print off it tells you the tickets are on International Will Call - they are held at the ticket office at the stadium and you get them on the day before you go in, follow the instructions on the receipt.I suggest buying tickets as soon as they go on sale as it was a Saturday night when we went and it was sold out.
    As for parking, we parked in an official car park, I think it was $10, no where else to park, allow plenty of time to get to car park as it was very busy, must of taken half an hour from joining queue to parking up.
    We really enjoyed the night, it was an amazing experience, the stadium is massive, there was entertainment before, during and after game,loads of food outlets, the atmosphere was great and the game itself is easy to follow.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We went to see Tampa Bay Buccaneers play Washington Red skins and all i can say is that if its as well organized as the American Football was then you have nothing to worry about. Parking was right outside the ground (not cheap at $20 per car) and the Stadium was well sign posted and Policed with no sign of any trouble. We were half way up from the playing field and had a great view
    I am sure you will have a great time.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Newbie
    FYI:
    They have removed "Devil" from their name.

Other Info:
    The Rays' will start in February 2009 having their Spring Training in El Jobean / Port Charlotte, FL just minutes away from the Gulf Coast town of Englewood & Rotonda.

We also booked Bucs tickets via their website, picked them up at the box office at the ground on the day (make sure you select will call when you book), great seats and the fans, stewards couldnt have been better. We had our son with us who was only three at the time and we had a blast, everyone made us really welcome and kept checking we were ok.

If you book through the team web site then you'll have no hassle. Parking etc no probs either.

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. Highly recommend the exerience of the baseball, we caught a game in Toronto a few years back and the whole build up and atmosphere was great.
    Team Thomson

Florida Expert
    Brilliant night out and great value for money, we enjoyed it so much we went to see the Yankees play when we were in NYC.
    Nic

Florida Newbie
    We are also planning a trip to see a Rays this year. During our holiday, there's a 3 game series verses the LA Angles between 9-11 June. You could call it the Disney Derby. The offical website now has details and ticket prices up for those games, so July/August tickets will hopefully be posted soon. The website looks really straightfoward to use too.

The next problem is where to sit. Best view is probably behind the batter like in the above pictures (which are amazing BTW!) and you might catch a few foul balls. On the other hand, there are decent cheap seats out by the left field foul pole, where you might see a home run come your way, but the diamond is a bit far away.

To those that have been, once you are in your section, are you able to leave your section and wander round the statium? A lot of ballparks are open plan, in that you can visit other sections and watch the game from different angles, albeit you can't sit down of course. Reason I ask is it's a long game, and I'd like to be able to stretch my legs and see the rest of the stadium.

The Bodger, who were the Rays playing in those pictures? It looks very busy (ie a good atmosphere?). I have heard that Ray's aren't that popular and Tropicana Field can be empty for some games, but guess hope last years World Serie's run has changed that a bit?

Florida Newbie
    The Rays were playing Chicago White Sox when we were there. The Rays won that game and they were unbeaten that season up till then, not sure how the season ended as I have'nt followed it since then.
    You're free to walk round the stadium but you can't go to any other seating areas as there are stewards checking your ticket. You can visit the manta ray touch pool which is free, but they only allow a limited amount of people per visit and only a certain number of visits a game, we got in on the last visit which was I think before half the game had been played so its probably best to do this as soon as you get in. If the batter hits the ball into the pool [does'nt really go in as there is a net above] it counts as a home run or something, not sure of correct term.

Will there still be games taking place in September?

Seeing these pics has convinced me I need to go!

Could you go if you had a young baby along with you or would it be inappropriate?
    Tink

Florida Newbie
    There is a lot of games in September so there should be one on whatever date you go, the games are 1st to 6th, 18th to 23rd and 28th to 30th.
    I'm sure there would be no problem taking a young baby as its a seems a very family orientated event.
    Just noticed on Rays website you now get free parking if there is 4 or more in your vehicle,less than 4 its $15 to park close to stadium or $10 for more remote parking lots, cheapest ticket to get in is $10, so its only gone up $1 since last year.
    Also a update on what happens if a batter hits a ball into the pool, Florida Aquarium gets $2,500 and another $2,500 goes to the charity of the batters choice.