Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    I have the slip with the straps that you wear with your own bra. It is really comfy but no good with sleeveless tops as the straps seem to fit outside your own bra so they are on show.
    i have a pair of high waisted pants in a different make "Lipo in a box" from QVC they are lovely smooth material, I anchor them underneath the band of my bra and they don't move[msneek] but it's a bit of a performance when you need the loo [msnwink]. If I have a top with sleeves I prefer the Gok Wan slip to make visits to the bathroom easier[msnwink]

They do sell some Gok Wan stuff at Sainsburys but not sure about the underwear though. I prefer to buy online as its a bit more private than having them nestled amongst your groceries[]
    Thanks Liz that,s useful information. I avoided the slip as I thought it might ride up and I would be pulling it down all the time .
    Barbara

It doesn't ride up at all Barbara as it has a rubberized band on the hemline which stops this. It horses for courses really and whatever is most comfy.
    i am very experienced with this suck you in squash you flatter, and push the fat somewhere else stuff[msnembarrased][msnwink]

Liz

Forgot to say I did buy myself a what my mother calls a puller inner - which is giant girdle going up to underneath the bra. This is what I needed after the surgery to keep everything tight (but not too tight) to give the muscles a change to knot together again.Despite buying a larger size the darn thing rolls down every time you bend / sit down so I have held off ever since. What I did find worked for a strapless dress for a black tie event was a bridal corset which does up with hooks at the back and goes down to your waist, coupled with a normal girdle has a wondrous effect.
    You have to admire the ladies of the olden days who used to wear these horrendous laced corsets regardless of the weather, how they survived it goodness knows.
    Fiona

Fiona the ladies in times gone by always carried smelling salts with them,due to the frequency they fainted because of the tight corsets.

Thanks Liz for confirming the slips dosen't ride up. Can I ask which one you bought? They are not the cheapest of garments to buy. I would prefer to go with a recommendation then purchase the wrong one.
    Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
    Fiona the ladies in times gone by always carried smelling salts with them,due to the frequency they fainted because of the tight corsets.

Thanks Liz for confirming the slips dosen't ride up. Can I ask which one you bought? They are not the cheapest of garments to buy. I would prefer to go with a recommendation then purchase the wrong one.
    I bought the Gok Wan slip, I bought it online from some where like the fifty plus catalogue[msneek]

Liz

Thank you for the recommendations ladies, I need something to go under my dress for my daughters wedding
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    I bought the Gok Wan slip, I bought it online from some where like the fifty plus catalogue[msneek]
    Thanks Liz that's brilliant I already shop with one of this companies catalogues I will go online and have a look
    Barbara

Now back from my 4 nights in Harrogate and 4 days of eating everything!!! Dare not get on the scales just yet!!

Lost 4 pounds this week, but it helped that I was ill all weekend
    Karen

Well done Karen but hope you are feeling better!!!