Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 68 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Isn't it always the week when you have been so good that you never lose any weight, then the week you have been a little bit naughty you lose a few pounds.
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
    Ellie how are you doing have you strayed this past week?
    Barbara, are you related to a sniffer dog?????? [msnwink]

How did you know??? Oh woe is me for I have sinned.... well not on purpose you must understand.....but Tall Son was home at the weekend, and I reverted to 'mummy' mode, cooking all his favourite food and chocolate cakes for him. Now I DID try hard to be good, cooking his 'roasties' separately whilst me and DH had low fat ones, and only succumbed to 3 small fairy cakes, but......... the weigh in on Sunday was not good, no loss.

But I am back on track, been gardening today (can hardly move tonight!!!) and scales registered a 2lb loss this morning.

Only 3 weeks to go, so its going to be tough.

PS. I DON'T keep choccy biscuits in the house... no willpower, would eat the whole packet, so best not to be tempted. []
    ellie

Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    Barbara, are you related to a sniffer dog?????? [msnwink]

. Now I DID try hard to be good, cooking his 'roasties' separately whilst me and DH had low fat ones, Only 3 weeks to go, so its going to be tough.
    Ellie I have a question. What is low fat ones? Never heard of a low fat roastie before!! Well done on the gardening that will defo burn some calories. If you really try hard you could lose 7lbs before yoiur holiday[msntongue].

I dug out a fitness DVD today, after 45 minutes of working out I was hot, breathless and my heart was racing. I am supposed to do this three times a week . No chance I am just not cut out for this. A brisk three mile walk suits me much better.

Frances you will reap the rewards for all your hard work next week.
    Last edited by luckylady; 25-04-2013 at 22:25.
    Barbara

Barbara - low fat roasties - you roast in frylight and they come out tasting delicious - as do the chips. I am with you on the walking rather than exercises, but I suppose that hits parts that walking doesn't!!
    After walking 6.41k yesterday morning and another 1.85 in the evening I lost 2lbs this week! That long walk was very hard, and we only need to do 5k so working out how to make it nearer that length and doing that walk at a fast pace twice a week in prep for the Race for Life. I am power walking that as my knees won't take running. Did our usual 2.86 this am and at a much slower pace as we don't want to strain anything, tomorrow we can try for faster.
    Fiona

I have always cooked low fat roasties since I first joined SW 20+ years ago. I am so used to them that if I occasionally do "proper" roasties at Christmas or when visitors arrive they always taste too greasy![msneek]
    I suppose that's what they mean by your tastes changing. I wish I could have retained some of the other good habits I built up over my many years at SW.........I even used to enjoy those sawdust slymbran crisp breads!!
    i have got straight back on my plan since I returned from Florida with one 500 cal day on Tues and my second one is today so roll on Monday for my weigh in and hopefully my gain will have disappeared ............feeling very positive at the moment as I went out with friends last night wearing one of my new Florida buys and got lots of lovely comments, mind you I think the tan helps as well! Brown fat is so much more flattering than white fat![msnwink][msnsmile2]

Liz

I will try the low fat roasties. I have never heard of them before, maybe because I have never been a member of SW.

Well done Fiona and Liz you are an inspiration . After reading your posts I always vow to try harder. A tan does help,compliments from friends and family certainly does make your efforts worthwhile.
    I love buying clothes in the US mainly due to the sizing.I know I will never be a size 0, but an American size 10 would be great [msnwink]
    Barbara

Last night in Chicago thank goodness. I could barely eat dinner (salmon salad appetiser at Maggianos) as I feel so full. Be glad to get to Florida late tomorrow evening!! Salad, salad and fruit methinks for at least a week!!!

On my second 500 day today, trying Mon and Fri, can't wait for Mon to see if it has helped to kick start my weight loss.
    Karen

Super Moderator
    I don't use any fat when I roast spuds. I par boil them first for about 5 minutes let them dry off for a minute of two and then give them a good shake in the pan. Then I put them on a silicone sheet in the oven and cook them as normal and find they are quite acceptable plus I feel very smug afterwards at not having used any fat (which I can put towards something else more 'interesting').

Now we are back from our eldest son's wedding I was worried I would slip back into bad habits and put my weight back on. However, other son rang last week and said 'guess what Mum and Dad I have just proposed and we are getting married either next year or the year after' so now I have a definite reason to keep with the plan and not put any weight back on. Don't know what I am going to do once he is married but perhaps will be used, by then, to no longer having choccie biccys etc in the house.

Keep it up Jill! Neither my two sons weddings, nor my nephews weddings were enough for me, but suddenly my niece is getting married and I am motivated! How strange is that?
    possibly because this will be the last close family wedding for a while, but this time something just clicked thank goodness. Once you start to see the weight come off then the incentive is there to keep going, it's such a novelty getting dressed in the morning as my clothes fit and I feel half decent for a change. Can't wait to drop another dress size![msnsmile2]

Liz