Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 94 of 102 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

I'm starting again going to club on Thursday night. Need to lose lots of weight as my Son is getting married in July. I've bought a soup maker and an Philips airfryer with some Christmas money so with my slow cooker I should be all set to get organised starting Friday.

Go girl. You can do it if you really really want it.[clap]

Sandra I do really really want it and have done for years but can't understand why I fail everytime x

Pam, you need to write everything down for the first couple of weeks back and then you can actually realise all the syns you may have been having in one form or another. Go for the super free foods, back to week one, and once you get a good loss in the first or second week, don't let old habits interfere (I tend to do that!!) or it will just become another yo yo exercise. By the way, I don't do physical exercise as I find it boring so have to lose weight the slow way. Don't look back at what you have done for years….cos it hasn't worked for whatever reason. Try thinking like a newbie, lose some of the habits you take for granted (wine haha) and you will lose weight,you will be far healthier and extremely happy when you go to your son's wedding in July. You can still have your wine [cheers]but you would need to have very little else on the sun list each day.

You can do it. If I can, you can!

Pam my daughter go married in Oct last year and I needed to lose weight, so I bought a dress in the Jan sales in a few sizes (3) smaller than I was and tried it on every Mon morn, it really helped when the scales said I hadn't lost anything but the dress fitted a bit better than the previous week, I lost 4stone 4 pounds and had to buy another dress in a smaller size just before the wedding.

Since the wedding I am having problems keeping it off, I put on 6 pounds before Christmas but lost them the week before and only put on 2 pounds over the hols, but i will buy myself another lovely dress this week for my granddaughters christening and try really hard to keep the weight off this year and get back to the gym.

It also helps like Sandra says to write down everything you eat, I joined Weight Watchers online and you have to list all food for your points, need to start it again myself as you do forget what you put in your mouth Good luck Pam for the new year, I am sure you will do it, keep going Sandra
    Karen

Thank you Karen, will keep the thread updated tomorrow!!

The other thing is that I find the Image Therapy helps me so much and without the support of the other members and their ideas, I am not sure I would have done it. Karen, you are amazing just doing it on line - that would not work for me and I know it!!!

Good luck Karen and of course Pam. xx

Pamela I know exactly what you mean. I wanted to lose weight for years but even our youngesr Son getting married didnt make me do it .

I did try what Karen suggested and bought my wedding outfit months before the wedding date.a few sizes smaller But although I had several attempts to lose weight, I couldnt carry it through
    All I ended up doing was buying another outfit that fitted me a few weeks before the wedding.

I wish I could tell you what happenned two years ago that made me determined to shed the lbs All I tell you is I haven't dieted this time . I decided to try changing my eating habits.
    I cut out all the foods that was high in calories and concentrated on a healthy lifestyle.and not being hungry Two years later and 96 llbs lighter is proof it works for me.

I do have a wobble every now and again, but I have learned to accept there will be times when I will be tempted. Christmas has been hard but I have had a great time and being thinner is worth the struggle .
    I am still a way to go before I reach my goal but I will carry on

Whatever option you take to lose weight doesnt matter, its all down to your mindset and your determination. I suggest little steps don't think about the end goal at this stage. every stone you lose is an achievement .and should encourage you to carry on .Also you will feel so much better and when family and friends notice the change in your shape you will know you are on the right track.

I hope you can do it this time only you can make this happeniif you have a bad few days talk to us on here that are further down the line it does help.Talking to the members of the OV slimming club certainly helped me on my bad days
    Barbara

Good to see you back on here Barbara. What happened to you when we were supposed to meet up at Celebration? There were only the 4 of us instead of 8 so was disappointing but we had a good evening after waiting around for you. We thought you may have been ill or forgotten!!

Happy New Year and glad you are still on plan with your weight journey.

Sorry Sandra for any inconvenience I thought I posted at the time that I couldnt make the dates you had decided on
    I thought the plan was for you Liz and myself to meet up at Posner Park.

Then Liz couldnt make it due to a death in the family.We plan to return in late January maybe we can arrange tomeet up then?
    Barbara

No worries. I understood that you and Liz were meeting at Posner, and Lyn also thought you were coming which was why we waited for ages before we ordered our food. Never mind! We are not back until May for a month and then September for 9 weeks, so may see you later in the year if you are around!!

Take care….there may be even less of both of us hopefully by the time we meet!!