Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 87 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Lost 1/2lb last week, not a lot I know but I am OK with that.
    Lyn

Have had a funny old summer since father in law died kept putting on a couple of pounds and then losing them, total weight loss was 37lbs but the week before I came away had gained 3lbs and didn't lose them before we left. Have thrown caution to the wind the last 10 days whilst we have been traveling, had some fantastic meals and ice cream most days but I know by the look and feel of my clothesI must have gained a fair bit so I am absolutely determined that when I get back on Sunday it is back to the grindstone before I completely undo all the good work!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    Have had a funny old summer since father in law died kept putting on a couple of pounds and then losing them, total weight loss was 37lbs but the week before I came away had gained 3lbs and didn't lose them before we left. Have thrown caution to the wind the last 10 days whilst we have been traveling, had some fantastic meals and ice cream most days but I know by the look and feel of my clothesI must have gained a fair bit so I am absolutely determined that when I get back on Sunday it is back to the grindstone before I completely undo all the good work!
    Excellent mindset...good for you. Good luck Liz it is so so hard!!

Well done Lyn, any loss is better than a gain

Keep at it when you get home Liz.

I am trying Atkins this week to hopefully give me a boost and kick start my weight loss again.
    Karen

I need a pep talk from my fellow slimmers!! I am stuck at the moment not gaining weight but not losing any either.
    I am trying honestly, I need a kick start because I am desperate to get going again, I need to lose another 2 stone at this rate its not going to happen[msnembarrased]
    Barbara

Can you change things around? Maybe try some different foods or a different exercise regime. I think sometimes your body just gets used to what you have been doing and gets bored!
    sometimes........and I'm almost frightened to say it[msnembarrased]......a weight gain seems to put you back on track to lose again, and I'm only talking a pound or two here, but it's almost as if it's the impetus your body needs to get going again. I know it's happened to me before now.
    you have done soooooo well Barbara, keep going, you can't give up now!

Liz

Barbara, you can do it. It is just the mindset that you can't get back into to.

Take your mind back to the start of your journey....week 1. Think about how determined you were and that you possibly weighed everything, wrote everything you ate down? Maybe not, however, try to remember what foods you actually did eat and go back to that week. That should provide you with the kickstart you need. I know the members in SW get that advice including myself. It is so easy to slip into habits that we decide not to remember (e.g.the odd piece of chic, the odd glass of wine, the odd biscuit, the odd this and that. No one does 'the odd this and that' on week one!! Go for it.

I am one to talk and should take heed of my own advice. I have not attended SW due to being away 8 weeks, but I have now been home for 8 weeks and struggling to lose the 2/3 lbs I put on, so have not returned to SW as I will have to pay again!!!

Thank you Liz and Sandra
    I suppose if I am honest I have been lazy and let things slip. Also not walking as much as I did in the summer. I have thought of joining a gym but its just not me and I hate swimming.
    I will try and vary my food and try too eat more pork pies . Only joking !!

Liz the thought of gaining 2lbs horrifies me. I am terrified of gaining weight I have it in my head that its the start of going back to being 19st I can't go there again.
    I think I will go buy some smaller clothes that has worked in the past. I have thought of joining SW now I am not so fat. that may give me the kickstart I need
    Last edited by luckylady; 27-09-2013 at 10:31.
    Barbara

Super Moderator
    I was in that place stuck and unable to move forward for some weeks and got very worried as I still had not reached my goal and even worse Christmas was looming on the horizon. Did as suggested and went back over exactly what I was eating especially noticed a few bits had crept back in and made sure the exercise which had slackened off a bit due to the poor weather was not being supplemented with anything else. It worked and I did manage to reach my goal weight in time for our son's wedding back in March and am pleased to say I have not put anything back on but do still keep a watch on what I eat - it is not easy but will be worth it in the end. Good luck Barbara and don't give up.

Where is everyone, have you all given up slimming for winter? Only a few weeks before we go to Florida, can't wait to do some clothes shopping!!!!
    Barbara