Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 32 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by canarypam View Post
    Thanks Sandra I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have the courage to have the op anyway. I can do it but as you know life is
    difficult for us and it seems I reach for chocolate and alcohol as comfort.

Keep up the good work you have done so well xxx
    I do understand Pam, and likewise!!! However, maybe you could try and reach for something else, as this weight is adding to your misery and your health by the sounds of it. It is just another burden for you. Don't have chocolate in the house - that would solve one problem xx

having surgery was the absolute last resort... i spent 3 years reading talking and seeing my consultant, it wasnt something i took lightly as you can die from this! a woman in my home town of Brighton died 6 months after surgery of complications and this scared the hell out of me... but living as i was well it wasnt living... i'm hoping i will reap the benefits next year cos right now im in much pain with my replaced knee and other knee, i have just got myself a mountain bike so gonna get some exercise going,
    is there any type of exercise you do along with your 'operation' Pam?? combined with it could help massively, (maybe the bike will kill both my knees but i have been dying to ride one for years!)

Good luck for tomorrow Pam xxx
    Liesa

I don't have chocolate in the house Sandra it's lunchtimes I feel fed up and buy chocolate then feel really guilty afer I have eaten it. I also don't buy wine anymore so have cut back on that. I have a 12 week voucher for Slimming World that my GP arranged so after Hypn on Wednesday I am going to rejoin SW on Thursday night hopefully that will give it a double whammy

You have done really well sticking to your diet with all the other things going on Sandra that's brilliant xxx

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    I do understand Pam, and likewise!!! However, maybe you could try and reach for something else, as this weight is adding to your misery and your health by the sounds of it. It is just another burden for you. Don't have chocolate in the house - that would solve one problem xx

Thanks LIesa.

I do Nordic Walking it's really good exercise and the poles help to lessen the impact on your joints. We walk
    3 - 4 miles in an hour and it is really enjoyable as you are in a group. I was already doing this when I went
    to the pain clinic a few months ago and the Doctor suggested this as the best exercise. If I were you
    Liesa I would give it a go just google Nordic Walking in your area. They often do free taster sessions.

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow xxx

Quote Originally Posted by LiesaAnna View Post
    having surgery was the absolute last resort... i spent 3 years reading talking and seeing my consultant, it wasnt something i took lightly as you can die from this! a woman in my home town of Brighton died 6 months after surgery of complications and this scared the hell out of me... but living as i was well it wasnt living... i'm hoping i will reap the benefits next year cos right now im in much pain with my replaced knee and other knee, i have just got myself a mountain bike so gonna get some exercise going,
    is there any type of exercise you do along with your 'operation' Pam?? combined with it could help massively, (maybe the bike will kill both my knees but i have been dying to ride one for years!)

Good luck for tomorrow Pam xxx

I don't have chocolate in the house Sandra it's lunchtimes I feel fed up and buy chocolate then feel really guilty afer I have eaten it. I also don't buy wine anymore so have cut back on that. I have a 12 week voucher for Slimming World that my GP arranged so after Hypn on Wednesday I am going to rejoin SW on Thursday night hopefully that will give it a double whammy

You have done really well sticking to your diet with all the other things going on Sandra that's brilliant xxx
    Good luck tomorrow and it sounds like you are ready and 'in the zone' by returning to SW. Fabulous.[clap]

Florida Savvy
    Hope all goes well tomorrow Pam. I am dreadful with chocolate also, and although I try not to buy it, I have found myself raiding the baking cupboard for chocolate chips

Try those chocolate options covering a sliced banana or strawberry and freeze, that I posted earlier as they may help the chocolate cravings.

Thanks LIesa.

I do Nordic Walking it's really good exercise and the poles help to lessen the impact on your joints. We walk
    3 - 4 miles in an hour and it is really enjoyable as you are in a group. I was already doing this when I went
    to the pain clinic a few months ago and the Doctor suggested this as the best exercise. If I were you
    Liesa I would give it a go just google Nordic Walking in your area. They often do free taster sessions.

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow xxx

Pam i got no chance! my knee/ankle/hip are mega painful most of the time... i use my 'bengay' cream from florida (son in law just bought me back 5 tubes) and cocodamol/tramadol... must admit does sound a little exciting.. will google search it... xx
    Liesa

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida

Hope it all goes well with SW - I'll be sending some good luck thoughts your way
    Frances

I thought I would join the slimming topic.
    Not an easy tale to tell .

Weight problems has been something I have lived with all my life, a chubby child, I moaned so much about it my Mother took to the doctors at the age of 13.The doctor put me on a strict diet.
    Over the next 6 months I lost 4 stone at last I was a slim teenager.I managed over the next 7 years with great difficulty to keep my size 12 figure

Although I did creep up at times to a size 14/16

Married by then expecting our first child, yes you guessed it piled the weight back on. I left the hospital weighing 16 stone- 6lbs

With a young baby to look after and a healthy diet I managed to lose the weight once again. Has always been a struggle, I only have to look at a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar and I can gain weight. Although I know that’s not true, it’s the same old story. We kid ourselves all the time. when your clothes are tight they have shrunk in the wash. You go to buy new clothes the zip won’t fasten not your fault the dress size is smaller than it should be. I know all the excuses.

Anyway I will continue with my life, another 4 years go by, having our second child. This time only managed to gain two stone soon lost that back to a size 14.

The next 30 years I did with yoyo dieting and trying every diet you can mention Atkins, WW ,the cabbage diet, Slim Fast You name it I have tried it. By this I was a size 18 and in my fifties

Our sons grown up and married with children I decided to retire early, sell my business and buy a property in Florida .

Suddenly I was home all day, sat at my computer responding to emails. A cup of tea, half a packet of chocolate digestives, a packet of crisp, Mars bar as you sit at your desk. We all know the pitfall yet it doesn’t stop us from eating all the wrong things. not enough exercise all adds to putting on weight .

Once again I ballooned this time my heaviest weight at 18 stone I am in my worsted nightmare in a body I hate yet not able to find the willpower to change it.

Then June 2011 I saw the light, don’t know why as I had said the same line many times before “I am starting my diet tomorrow” But this time I saw it as my last chance to try to lose some weight .

I had a plan this wasn’t a diet this was to change my eating habits. I didn’t care how long it would take, no quick fix for me this time.

I now eat healthy foods, plenty of fruit, vegetables, chicken fish..No diet clubs or slimming product totally on my own, not being hungry is the key, going for a walk, chat to a friend .all helps to keep you from straying to the fridge

Still have the odd treat slowly the weights coming off I feel so much better fitter, healthier a spring in my step
    16 months later I have lost 3 stone-.7lb still want to lose another 3.stone-7lb Then I will look ok. if it takes another three year to lose another-3 stone 7lbs I don’t care.. Hopefully this time I have learned one valuable lesson everything in moderation. Although having said that I still look longingly at a pork pie in the supermarket.

Good luck to everyone trying to lose weight
    Barbara