Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Good luck, Barbara. I am sure the scales will be kind to you this month, especially if your clothes are reflecting a weight loss. You have done so well already, so just 'keep calm and carry on!'
    ellie

Just got back from the short cruise and not dared to get on the scales yet!

Ellie, please remind me next time I am about to book a Carnival cruise - don't do it!!! The food and entertainment were both nowhere near as good as RC. I remember our last CC that we said we would not book another one...hey ho....we still enjoyed the sunshine and rest and I am feeling a lot better now thank goodness. Will go upstairs in a minute and maybe weigh!!![msnembarrased]

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    Just got back from the short cruise and not dared to get on the scales yet!

Ellie, please remind me next time I am about to book a Carnival cruise - don't do it!!! The food and entertainment were both nowhere near as good as RC. I remember our last CC that we said we would not book another one...hey ho....we still enjoyed the sunshine and rest and I am feeling a lot better now thank goodness. Will go upstairs in a minute and maybe weigh!!![msnembarrased]
    Oh no, Sandra, sorry to hear about that. I know that Carnival have been making a lot of cut backs recently. We have only been on one Carnival cruise, which was great value, but we do prefer RCI or Princess. At least if the food was not too good you won't have put on a stone! [] Glad you enjoyed the sunshine - the weather here is appalling so you are definitely in the right place! Hang onto the sun please until we get there next Saturday!
    ellie

Not too happy, I have put on 6.5lbs total since we left home on 24th April 2013. Not sure if 3 lbs was due to all the drips and drugs but this last 3lbs was definitely cruise food!!!!

I am so cross and definitely not in the zone.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Don't worry about the weight too much you will be home soon and you can lose that easily.
    Says me who has probably gained my 8 1/2 pounds because I am useless ! Now I have to go on holiday in less than 2
    weeks fatter than I have ever been. I am so cross with myself!

Oh no Pam, I know exactly how you feel. Believe me though, it won't be easy when I get back home - it is usually easier for me over here in Florida. My losing weight journey is not an easy one and it takes me an awful lot of will power and I absolutely have to be in the zone to do it and I am definitely not there after being in it for 18 months now. Grrrrhh.

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by canarypam View Post
    Says me who has probably gained my 8 1/2 pounds because I am useless ! Now I have to go on holiday in less than 2
    weeks fatter than I have ever been. I am so cross with myself!
    I know that feeling Pam. I am thankfully in the zone at the moment and for the past year too but I know how hard it is to get there. I struggled for 11 years to get there until I finally decided I was bigger than ever after yet another attempt to lose weight! I decided while on holiday in Portugal enough was enough and to start a proper diet as soon as I got back - and to stick to it - so far I have! It's a miracle!!
    Frances

Not worried about you Sandra. I know you will get back in the zone at some point. You have workrd so hard these past months I just know you will be back on the right road soon.
    Think about all the new clothes you have bought that wont fit if you don't get back in the zone.

I can so relate to you Pam. I have been in your position so many times. I have had weddings to go to, special holidays coming up Yet nothing motivated me to stick to a diet even though I was desperate to lose weight.

All I can say is one day something will make you stop and think and somehow you will have the determination to stick to a diet .I do believe when you have a considerable amount of weight to lose you are very vunerable at the start of a diet.

When you are morbidly obese as I was. The mountain you have to climb seems an impossible.task at times.
    Although 8 1/2 pounds is a good weight Pam its nothing when you have7/ 8 stones to lose When I lost my first 14lbs I felt so much better but when I looked in the mirror I was still a big fat lump. I look in the mirror now and I can't believe its me although I still have a way to go . I am a different person than I was 20 months ago
    You can do this, small steps along the scenic route worked for me. If I can do it, so can you.Forget whats happened and start again . We all have a wobble from time to time.
    Last edited by luckylady; 13-05-2013 at 16:06.
    Barbara

I do agree with Barbara and Francis you do have to be in the right frame of mind to lose weight, I have lost 2 pounds this week to make a total of 3 stone, had to change my target and lower it by another stone as I never thought I would get here, aslo started selling my old size 18 clothes on ebay, many brand new with the tags on, such a great feeling to sell something
    Karen

Oh how wonderful it would be to find the thing that gives us the right mindset to be "in the zone". Like everyone here it has taken me many false starts to actually get there and I can't believe that this time it is actually working. No amount of talking to yourself can put you in the right frame of mind to lose weight..........what is that magic thing that puts you in the right mindset?

lost again this week, just short of 2lbs which is 30lbs in total............delighted, and like Karen I am doing a roaring trade on EBay [msnwink]

good luck to everyone weighing in this week!

Liz