Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Gold 5 Star Member
    I too have just starting dieting and again used to be around 8 stone (although could have probably been a bit more) but just over past 4 years went up to nearly 10 stone. It has been a gradual increase but I thought I must stop this otherwise it will go on and on. Trousers getting far too tight, size 12 as no longer fit in 10s. I thought would try the fasting diet 2 days at 500 calories and this is my 4th day. The first day of the 500 calories, I felt very hungry but now I don't feel that hungry. I have definitely lost about 4 lbs but I need to start weighing myself on Monday to monitor. I just had lunch at the pub with some friends at work but I didn't eat as had some home made food (low calorie). Steve has started it too.
    Jan&Steve

Well done Jan, at least you have made a start. Good luck with your journey.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks Sandra. I already notice a slight difference, my trousers are not so tight around the wait and I feel better.
    Jan&Steve

Well done Jan for starting, it can be so addictive when you start losing weight, I love shopping and getting to try on smaller size clothes each time.
    Karen

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Well done everyone I seem to have hit a hiatus and have stalled but will do 1 more 500 day this week before we head to Florida on Thusday and then will start again when we get back home.

Jan, it's so great when your clothes start to feel a bit looser so well done and keep up the good work

Sandra
    Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks for the encouragement. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would have to diet and watch calories as when I was young I was always thin and never put on an ounce, oh middle age is lovely. I am going to change the days as last week did Mon and Friday but Friday wasn't a good day as everyone had fish and chips, the smell was driving me mad. I am going to weigh in on Monday and monitor each week
    Jan&Steve

Quote Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
    Ellie I have a question. What is low fat ones? Never heard of a low fat roastie before!! Well done on the gardening that will defo burn some calories. If you really try hard you could lose 7lbs before yoiur holiday.
    We use both methods, Barbara, either spray with a one calorie oil spray or just parboil them first and shake them around in the pan to make them floury on the outside. Both methods work surprisingly well.

Really interested in the 500 calorie diet. Seems as if it could work. Do you feel light headed the first day? Could you post what you eat on the fasting day, please?

I did see one fasting diet in the newspaper where you had to eat smoothies on those days, but it seemed an awful lot of effort, and very difficult to do if you were at work etc.

Weigh in this morning showed another 1lb gone. Not as good as last week but at least it's not a gain. Less than 3 weeks to go now!!!!! OMG I might need liposuction to get rid of the rest....[msnwink]

Good luck Jan! Let us know how its going!

Have a safe flight Sandra. Save some of that sunshine for me, please!
    Last edited by ellie; 28-04-2013 at 08:35.
    ellie

Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    Really interested in the 500 calorie diet. Seems as if it could work. Do you feel light headed the first day? Could you post what you eat on the fasting day, please?

I did see one fasting diet in the newspaper where you had to eat smoothies on those days, but it seemed an awful lot of effort, and very difficult to do if you were at work etc.

!
    Hi Ellie
    whenI first did it I tried to eat three small meals a day, porridge for breakfast, fruit and yogurt for lunch and something like frozen fish in sauce with veggies at dinner but I found the minute I had eaten breakfast it kick started my need to eat so I now just have a cup of tea at breakfast and save the majority of my calories for the evening. Throughout the day I drink fizzy water and maybe have a couple of sugar free mints to keep my breath fresh[msneek]

in the evening I usually have at least 400 calories left for a decent meal, fish in sauce with veggies and new potatoes and a piece of fruit, a two egg omelette with mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans or a ready meal from M and S from the count on us range or the fuller longer range. They do a chicken in mushroom sauce with green beans and new potatoes for 280 cals but the other day I had loads of cals left and I had a beef and chianti ragout with pasta for 440 cals, it was delicious[msntongue]
    strangely enough I find I am better to choose a working day to "fast" as I am usually so busy that I don't have time to think about food.

Liz

M&S do great low calorie food, tried their sweet & sour chicken last night and it was lovely and only 340 calories, I have the braised steak tomorrow for my 500 day at only 180 calories, going to add turnip mash, much lower than potatoes at only 10 calories each, I also use WW snacks/bread/crackers as 1 point is approx 50 calories. Also picked up M&S low calorie single pack chocolate bars/crisps to try today, all about 100 calories each.
    Karen

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    It's quiet on here!

I lost 2.5lbs this week very happy. Hoping for another 1 or 2 next week. Swimming nearly every day (just going again in a minute!).

Have a good weekend everyone - think thin!
    Frances