Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 67 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    Our first day in Chicago has been a food disaster so far. Alan gets all his breakfasts and lunches due to him being here for Rotary but I don't get mine and he gets an allowance until tomorrow so was able to breakfast with me. That's when I ran into trouble as we found a Cheesecake Factory open early[msnembarrased] I had the normal bread they serve before you get your meal and bread is my downfall so tucked in happily! Then I ordered French Toast with strawberries, pecans, and some sort of cream....when it came it was 4 huge thick slices of bloomer type bread which was so yummy. Of course the jug of hot maple syrup then arrived and I scoffed the lot!! Not had anything else all day until just now at 5.00pm and had 1/2 a cookie with coffee. We are going to a drinks reception at 6.00pm but I don't drink so that's okay but dinner tonight may be another problem[msnembarrased] Will have to get on the salads when we go to Florida late Friday!!!
    OMG Sandra just enjoy it. I have no doubt you will be back in the zone on your return to Florida.

It was my weigh day this morning ,as you recall I only get weighed every 4 weeks. I was dreading this weigh in due to the mishaps I have encountered since my last weigh in. Weight loss last time was 71lbs in total .

I know I am struggling at the moment so I was pleased with the 3lbs weght loss not a great amount for 4 weeks but under the circumstances it will do. Only 10lbs more and I will have reached my next goal of 6st I have bought a keep fit DVD today I am hoping this will help to motivate me.

Thank you Sandra M for the info on your diet and well done.I will never be 8st at 5ft 8in I have heard about this diet, but I am not sure it would fit into my lifestyle. But if I can't kick start my weight loss. I may try it. out of sheer desperation!!
    Barbara

Sandra enjoy it, you can soon work it off in Florida by swimming or walking round WWB.

Well done Barbara that is such a huge loss in total and still a very good loss for the month.

I haven't lost anything this week but will keep trying for next week.
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra M View Post
    I thought I would post about what I have been doing and see if any of you have heard of it.

I didn't have a lot of weight ot lose, I just wanted to get back to 'normal' for me buit I couldn't seem to shift it (6lb or so)

I'm only 5ft 1 and always weighed around 8st 10/12 but have gone up lb by lb to 9st 6 (probably my age and I'm perimenopausal) so I thought if I don't get rid of it now it would probably just stay on and maybe increase.

i started MFP in January and have tried to cut down on calories and started to exercise but only managed to lose a couple of lbs but they kept going back on.

So, I have been doing the 500 a day for 2 days a week diet for the last 3 weeks and it's the only thing that has actually worked for me.

You eat only 500 calories on 2 days of the week and the other 5 days you eat normally. It's not as hard as I thought especially if you set your mind to it and plan what you are going to eat on the 500 calorie days (vegetables are your best friend on these days)

I started at 9 stone 5 and on Friday when I weighed myself I was 8st 12 so I am very happy with the results. I'm going to do it until I go to Florida on 2nd May and then stop. It will be interesting to see how much I put on while I'm in Florida (I won't know until I get home as we don't have scales at the villa)

It might not be right for everyone but it might be the thing that can kick start your weight loss if you have stalled.

Sandra
    Hi Sandra, I have been doing this since the beginning of January and until the beginning of April when I went to Florida I had lost 23.5lbs. I have lost most weeks, anything between 3.5lbs and .5lbs and one week I had a small gain. I have found it reasonably easy and feel it is something I could do for the rest of my life if necessary[msneek] I use the " my fitness pal" app which lets me offset any calorie intake against any exercise.
    i have just returned from Florida after a 2 week break and gained 2.75lbs[msnsad] that's not actually too bad as I usually gain anything up to 10lbs[msnoo] and I reckon most of that was in the last couple of days when I didn't do any shopping and we were "eating up" fridge supplies and finishing off the alcohol[msnwink] I swam hard every day for a minimum of 20 mins, most days I did 30 mins or 2x20 mins and certainly the first week I tried to stay " in the zone" and whilst I did not have 2 x 500 calorie days I had 2 days where I cut back and had only fruit for breakfast and my evening meal. I found it harder the second week.
    we arrived home yesterday and I had lots of high calorie food to stay awake!! This morning I have been on the scales to assess the damage and I will start back on the plan, I will shop today and tomorrow will be my first 500 cal day.
    I have 3.5 weeks to lose my gain before we go to Dubai[msnoo] and a lot more weight to lose in total so it's important to get straight back into the swing of things.
    Arriving in Florida was great, most of my clothes that I leave their were way too big and I have had a wonderful time shopping which kept me very focused. Today I am going to sort out my Uk summer wardrobe and get some stuff onto EBay so that should keep me busy.
    onwards and upwards!! ( or should that be downwards!)

Barbara, 3lbs in 4 weeks may not sound a lot if you were just starting to lose weight but after 70+lbs and 18 months you are still losing which is amazing! Remember what you tell everyone else when they have small losses, it is still a loss! Look at 3lbs of lard and be glad you are rid of it and get out your fat photos and fat clothes and remind yourself of well you have done.
    Last edited by E. Cosgrove; 22-04-2013 at 06:32.

Liz

Well done Barbara, a loss is a loss, no matter how small it seems to you. And Liz, that's a very small gain for a Florida trip - I should know I managed to put on 6lbs over Christmas and first 10 days of January. Like you it went on during the last week when we were either eating out because there was next to nothing in the house, or finishing off what there was ... also plenty of drink!!
    Sometimes it's worth checking your measurements, even when you don't have a weight gain you have an inches loss. I've been very focused this week so am hoping for a good loss, still sometimes I feel that and find it is a weeny amount but the clothes are falling off .. we shall see on Wed pm.
    Fiona

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    Hi Sandra, I have been doing this since the beginning of January and until the beginning of April when I went to Florida I had lost 23.5lbs. I have lost most weeks, anything between 3.5lbs and .5lbs and one week I had a small gain. I have found it reasonably easy and feel it is something I could do for the rest of my life if necessary[msneek] I use the " my fitness pal" app which lets me offset any calorie intake against any exercise.
    i have just returned from Florida after a 2 week break and gained 2.75lbs[msnsad] that's not actually too bad as I usually gain anything up to 10lbs[msnoo] and I reckon most of that was in the last couple of days when I didn't do any shopping and we were "eating up" fridge supplies and finishing off the alcohol[msnwink] I swam hard every day for a minimum of 20 mins, most days I did 30 mins or 2x20 mins and certainly the first week I tried to stay " in the zone" and whilst I did not have 2 x 500 calorie days I had 2 days where I cut back and had only fruit for breakfast and my evening meal. I found it harder the second week.
    we arrived home yesterday and I had lots of high calorie food to stay awake!! This morning I have been on the scales to assess the damage and I will start back on the plan, I will shop today and tomorrow will be my first 500 cal day.
    I have 3.5 weeks to lose my gain before we go to Dubai[msnoo] and a lot more weight to lose in total so it's important to get straight back into the swing of things.
    Arriving in Florida was great, most of my clothes that I leave their were way too big and I have had a wonderful time shopping which kept me very focused. Today I am going to sort out my Uk summer wardrobe and get some stuff onto EBay so that should keep me busy.
    onwards and upwards!! ( or should that be downwards!)

Barbara, 3lbs in 4 weeks may not sound a lot if you were just starting to lose weight but after 70+lbs and 18 months you are still losing which is amazing! Remember what you tell everyone else when they have small losses, it is still a loss! Look at 3lbs of lard and be glad you are rid of it and get out your fat photos and fat clothes and remind yourself of well you have done.
    Wow Liz, 23.5 lbs, that's brilliant. [clap]

I am on a 500 day today and am starving [msnoo] but am sticking to it.

2.5lb after Florida is also very good so well done.

I'll see how I get on once home and maybe do it again depending on what the scales say :-)

I don't want to lose loads as my face goes a bit scrawny if I'm too thin so now I'll just try to maintain .

Sandra
    Sandra

Well done, Barbara. That is a really good loss at this stage as you have already lost so much.

Keep up the good work!

[clap][clap][clap]
    ellie

Stuck to salads yesterday and then went and had a slice of peanut butter pie with creamy peanut butter going through the middle. Thought I had better have a dollop of Ghiralldi ice cream with it as well......[msnembarrased] Got a dinner function tonight with over 600 people so don't know if there will be any choices....can just possibly guarantee I will make the wrong one.[msnoo]

Well done everyone who has lost any weight at all. It is hard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    Well done, Barbara. That is a really good loss at this stage as you have already lost so much.

Keep up the good work!

[clap][clap][clap]
    Ellie how are you doing have you strayed this past week? I know how much you like a choccy biscuit with your cup of tea. Not long now before you are off on your holiday.
    Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    Stuck to salads yesterday and then went and had a slice of peanut butter pie with creamy peanut butter going through the middle. Thought I had better have a dollop of Ghiralldi ice cream with it as well......[msnembarrased] Got a dinner function tonight with over 600 people so don't know if there will be any choices....can just possibly guarantee I will make the wrong one.[msnoo]

Well done everyone who has lost any weight at all. It is hard!!!
    Sandra my mouth is watering at the thought of a slice of peanut butter pie with creamy peanut butter going through the middle Oh well I will go and eat my carrots!!
    Barbara

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Stayed the same this week. Doing plenty of exercise - swimming 2 or 3 times a week, digging the garden and walking - 4 miles yesterday with the dogs!). So hopefully will see a better result next week. I think I will cut down on cheese - although I can have cheese in my diet as a healthy A choice and I don't have milk, I think I just need to cut down to evry other day!

Hope everyone else is getting on ok. Reading your posts every day
    Frances