Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by canarypam View Post
    I still can't even get started been feeling down. Barbara you have done so well you know what you have to do there will be times along
    the way that are tough but start again this week as if it is your first week. The marble idea is brilliant Sandra I think I will have to
    try that but will have to find a 'huge' jar!

Well done Karen !
    Why not start with a small jar Pamela. Put in 14 marbles and watch them drift into the new jar As soon as the jar is full start transferring them to your 'new' jar. Sometime small is less daunting
    Frances

WOW Frances that is brilliant, keep at it Pamela.
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by another View Post
    Why not start with a small jar Pamela. Put in 14 marbles and watch them drift into the new jar As soon as the jar is full start transferring them to your 'new' jar. Sometime small is less daunting
    I can see the psychology in what you are saying Frances but if one has not even started on the journey, however daunting, I think my class is of the opinion of filling the jar from the start however daunting it is, so it may kickstart the weight loss. I can see it from both points, but for me, the full jar would work better. When you eventually have lost a vast amount of weight like you have,(absolutely brilliant by the way - well done you -) then start again with the remaining lbs you would like to drop so it gives you another kickstart and you don't keep feeling 'well, it's okay, I have lost all those pounds' so I can go easy now!

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    I can see the psychology in what you are saying Frances but if one has not even started on the journey, however daunting, I think my class is of the opinion of filling the jar from the start however daunting it is, so it may kickstart the weight loss. I can see it from both points, but for me, the full jar would work better. When you eventually have lost a vast amount of weight like you have,(absolutely brilliant by the way - well done you -) then start again with the remaining lbs you would like to drop so it gives you another kickstart and you don't keep feeling 'well, it's okay, I have lost all those pounds' so I can go easy now!
    I can see your point Sandra
    Frances

Karen, crikey, you are definitely in the mindset. Really pleased for you. Well done.

Thank you Sandra, just wish I had done it years ago
    Karen

Thank you Sandra,Karen, Pamela and Frances. Just the lift I needed.

Congratulations Frances you should be so proud its a great achievement.

I haven't gained any weight, but I havent lost any in nearly three weeks. I am struggling to keep on the right track. The thought of going backwards after nearly 18 months of being in the zone fills me with fear.

I can relate to you Pamela, it doesn't matter how desperate you are to lose weight. If you are not in the right mindset,desperation alone isnt enough.

I am going to start again on Thursday I think if the weather would improve it would help. I so want to see this through to the end, Giving up now will make me feel such a failure.
    Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
    Thank you Sandra,Karen, Pamela and Frances. Just the lift I needed.

Congratulations Frances you should be so proud its a great achievement.

I haven't gained any weight, but I havent lost any in nearly three weeks. I am struggling to keep on the right track. The thought of going backwards after nearly 18 months of being in the zone fills me with fear.

I can relate to you Pamela, it doesn't matter how desperate you are to lose weight. If you are not in the right mindset,desperation alone isnt enough.

I am going to start again on Thursday I think if the weather would improve it would help. I so want to see this through to the end, Giving up now will make me feel such a failure.
    Barbara, I felt exactly like you last Thursday - even more so when I stepped on the scales and had gained. I also had the fear, just like you, of going backwards like I have done so many times in the past. My SW group was very encouraging, and I was sent home with a BOT bag!! Back On Track. Contents, a set of measuring spoons & cups, reasons I want to lose weight questionnaire, a separate sheet with all the super speed foods on, a SW Magazine. I dumped them down in a corner...was I feeling sorry for myself...oh yessssss!!! The next morning I got the sheet out which conveniently had all the super speed foods on without me having to look them up. My mood changed and I thought to myself "don't be ridiculous" you can do this and it is so easy! I have had so many super speed foods this week, I feel good about my journey again, and started doing squats 2 days ago. I did 50 the first day, 65 yesterday, and am about to do as many as I can muster after a long day of meetings etc.

I will be 68 in the morning, and I am feeling like a 55 year old!! Back in the zone!!!! It ain't easy, but I feel happy with 'my choice' and attending the Group Image Therapy definitely does it for me every time.

Pleased you are aiming to start again on Thursday. If you feel down, just post again and we will be all here to encourage you to the next station!!!

WOW Sandra, wish I could do as many squats as you, well done and Happy Birthday tomorrow, hope you have a lovely day.
    Karen

Barbara, you have inspired me! Your analogy of the motorway versus the scenic route is one I had forgotten but do remember now being given that at slimming world many years ago. I have been on the motorway since 7th Jan and have lost 19.5 lbs but for the first time this week had no weight loss.......... Thankfully no gain either! I was gutted as my target was 21lbs before my Florida trip, but I still have more than 2 weeks to go and hopefully I have just turned off the motorway and will continue my journey along some beautiful country lanes.
    Shopping is a huge inspiration for me and I am now a dress size smaller, but I do like the marbles and jars idea, I have some pretty glass pebbles and I am going to try it but they will have to be big jars!!
    The right mindset is, for me, an absolute necessity, I have tried and failed to start a diet so many times over the last few years, even my owns sons' weddings didn't motivate me but when my niece announced she was getting married in Jan 2014 I decided I could not be fat for yet another wedding and something just clicked...........something will inspire you Pamela!
    Good Luck everyone!

Liz