Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 71 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Gold 5 Star Member
    Get well soon Sandra
    Jan&Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    Thank you ladies for your good wishes. I had a severe kidney infection which could have been dangerous and a very high fever. Ended up at Celebration Hospital (which was first class) on a drip with saline, morphine, very strong antibiotics, and other cocktail of drugs. Still on antibiotics for another 7 days but this morning is the first morning I have felt 'much' better so hopefully back to normal soon.

Have a good week everyone!
    So sorry to hear you have been ill, Sandra. I know how grim you must have been feeling, kidney infections are not pleasant.[msneek] Hope you are now on the mend. Don't worry about the diet, you just need to concentrate on getting better, and enjoying the sunshine.
    ellie

Weigh in today, 1lb lost. Have 1 lb to go to reach the half stone, and 12 days before we fly to Orlando so fingers crossed! [easter1]Just thought I would have a piece of virtual chocolate to celebrate! []
    ellie

Well done Ellie.

I have put 0.9lb on, so not as bad as I had thought. Feeling much better and now got my appetite back, especially when I received 3 boxes of chocolates from one of my dinner guests tonight who shall remain nameless. One of the boxes was "Skinny Cow" Chocolate as she knows I am watching my food intake. Just eaten 2 white chocolate Lindos before I go to bed[msnembarrased] Yummy.

Weighed this morning and have lost just over 3lbs which takes me to 2 stones!! ( and that's despite a serious blowout at Starbucks yesterday!) It has taken me exactly four months to get here and I am really thrilled.
    I need to loose 5 stones to get my BMI to below 25[msnsad] and the Wii fit suggests a BMI of 22 which would be 6 stones loss[msneek] I haven't been that weight for 25 years!
    Seriously anything is a bonus, 4 stones would be lovely but above all must not put the weight back on.

Liz

Wow, Liz, that is absolutely amazing! Well done! I am sure you will reach your goal. [clap] Keep up the good work!

Glad ŷou are feeling a bit better, Sandra.
    ellie

Sandra, how are you? Hope you are improving - look after yourself! Ellie - well done, way to go and you will have a fantastic hols! Liz huge well done, that is fan-blooming-tastic!:-)
    We went to Dursley yesterday to collect a chicken coop and stopped off at Malmesbury at a lovely hotel for a 3 course lunch. Delicious and worth the serious cut-back that is now taking place! I also did some running yesterday morning - finally deciding the power walking with the dog is not enough for my race for life. Started with an app that says power walk for 5 mins, run for 1 minute, power walk 5 x 8. Doing it gain tomorrow, and will be up at 5.45am. Did a little running this evening - enforced, the hairy hound set off after a squirrel who was heading in the direction of a road that is a cut-through to the A404 so I distracted her by running and as by then we were back in the woods (more squirrels) I kept up the pace and she runs alongside me.
    The coop is now mostly up in the garden, chickens will be coming on Friday (I think) and we collect our new puppy on the 19th. I know we're officially bonkers!! ;-)
    Fiona

Quote Originally Posted by fiona View Post
    Sandra, how are you? Hope you are improving - look after yourself! Ellie - well done, way to go and you will have a fantastic hols! Liz huge well done, that is fan-blooming-tastic!:-)
    We went to Dursley yesterday to collect a chicken coop and stopped off at Malmesbury at a lovely hotel for a 3 course lunch. Delicious and worth the serious cut-back that is now taking place! I also did some running yesterday morning - finally deciding the power walking with the dog is not enough for my race for life. Started with an app that says power walk for 5 mins, run for 1 minute, power walk 5 x 8. Doing it gain tomorrow, and will be up at 5.45am. Did a little running this evening - enforced, the hairy hound set off after a squirrel who was heading in the direction of a road that is a cut-through to the A404 so I distracted her by running and as by then we were back in the woods (more squirrels) I kept up the pace and she runs alongside me.
    The coop is now mostly up in the garden, chickens will be coming on Friday (I think) and we collect our new puppy on the 19th. I know we're officially bonkers!! ;-)
    Fiona, I am feeling exhausted just reading about your activities! [msnwink] But seriously you are an inspiration.

I think that sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and enjoy something like your 3 course lunch. The secret is not to dwell on it and agonise over it but just get back on track. We all need to be a little naughty sometimes.

i had a pet chicken when I was a child. My mum kept chickens and this one was really friendly, allowed me to carry it around under my arm. However, it was not popular when it began crowing at dawn, waking up the whole house. Turns out that my mum had bought 5 hens and one cockerel by mistake! Thankfully, he was saved from the oven.......
    Last edited by ellie; 06-05-2013 at 22:49.
    ellie

Feeling almost back to normal thank goodness. We got a last minute booking for a couple of days this weekend and had quoted silly prices - almost 6 weeks ago - and they got back today to arrive on Friday! Oh well, just managed to get the last cabin on a cruise which goes Thursday just for 3 nights to the Bahamas so perfect timing and the guests more than paid for it!!!

The down side....food...food.....food! Not holding out any hope of resisting but am just going to totally relax, eat what I fancy and hopefully get back to 100% feeling fit.

Well done Liz, wow Fiona I wish I could run too, my dog is always too busy sniffing the grass and trees to get any where, good luck with your new puppy, we got a new kitten 2 weeks ago after having to have our old cat put to sleep, they totally take over your house once the kids have moved out.

Enjoy your cruise Sandra, you can cut back when you get back to your villa, we have to have some time off from our diets. I didn't lose any thing this week, just 2 pounds away from 3 stone but this last stone is coming off slowly, 2 stones in 2 months but 2 months and just 12 pounds.
    Karen