Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 66 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Thank you ladies for your support, I am fine again now had a couple of good days since my disaster day on Tuesday!!

I guess it will take time for me to realise I can have a blowout every now and again without it being the end of the road. I think its because I know how easy it is to fall back in to bad habits again.
    The thought of going back where I was 18 months ago really scares me. I am fully aware how easy is to slip back if you are not in the zone!!

I have spent some time today going through all my big clothes I am going to take everything to the charity shop tomorrow .

Thanks again does help to know you are there to listen to me [msnsmile]
    Last edited by luckylady; 18-04-2013 at 22:29.
    Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
    Thank you ladies for your support, I am fine again now had a couple of good days since my disaster day on Tuesday!!

I guess it will take time for me to realise I can have a blowout every now and again without it being the end of the road. I think its because I know how easy it is to fall back in to bad habits again.
    The thought of going back where I was 18 months ago really scares me. I am fully aware how easy is to slip back if you are not in the zone!!

I have spent some time today going through all my big clothes I am going to take everything to the charity shop tomorrow .

Thanks again does help to know you are there to listen to me [msnsmile]
    Awww bless!!!!

Glad to hear that you got straight back on track Barbara It may not have done any damage when you come to weigh in sometimes we can
    get away with it and sometimes not. Go for an extra walk or something.

I only lost 1lb this week a bit disappointed with that

Don't be disappointed Pam. You have had 2 weeks of very good losses which has kickstarted you on your journey. The high numbers just don't materialise every week and remind yourself you did have a loss! Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by canarypam View Post
    I only lost 1lb this week a bit disappointed with that
    Pam a 1lb of fat is more than you think. You shouldn't be disappointed, overall you have had a good weight loss over the past three weeks.
    You must be able to see a difference now,you clothes will be slacker
    Keep up the good work
    Barbara

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I thought I would post about what I have been doing and see if any of you have heard of it.

I didn't have a lot of weight ot lose, I just wanted to get back to 'normal' for me buit I couldn't seem to shift it (6lb or so)

I'm only 5ft 1 and always weighed around 8st 10/12 but have gone up lb by lb to 9st 6 (probably my age and I'm perimenopausal) so I thought if I don't get rid of it now it would probably just stay on and maybe increase.

i started MFP in January and have tried to cut down on calories and started to exercise but only managed to lose a couple of lbs but they kept going back on.

So, I have been doing the 500 a day for 2 days a week diet for the last 3 weeks and it's the only thing that has actually worked for me.

You eat only 500 calories on 2 days of the week and the other 5 days you eat normally. It's not as hard as I thought especially if you set your mind to it and plan what you are going to eat on the 500 calorie days (vegetables are your best friend on these days)

I started at 9 stone 5 and on Friday when I weighed myself I was 8st 12 so I am very happy with the results. I'm going to do it until I go to Florida on 2nd May and then stop. It will be interesting to see how much I put on while I'm in Florida (I won't know until I get home as we don't have scales at the villa)

It might not be right for everyone but it might be the thing that can kick start your weight loss if you have stalled.

Sandra
    Sandra

I have a friend who is doing it with her husband and is really happy with the results. She's been doing it for about 2 - 3 months now and finds it works very well for her (well them!). A friend and I used to do something similar though not as drastic, as in careful all week and then eat what we wanted over the weekend, but that is when I was much younger. It doesn't matter how you do it Sandra, it's finding what works for you and if you are happy with it and it gives you the result you want that's all that matters. Well done you must be feeling fantastic!
    Fiona

I have been reading about that diet over the last couple of days, over the last 2 months I have only lost a few pounds and think I need a bit of a kick start to get me back on track, so thought I would continue with WW but only have 500 calories for 2 days a week and my normal 26 points per day for the other 5, I am going to see if I can plan the 2 days meals for the 500 days tomorrow.
    Karen

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    A tin of soup such as tomato or lentol is around 200 calories, a small jacket potato (normal or sweet potato) (no butter) with brocolli and carrots or salad (no dressing) is about 200 calories. A cup of tea is around 10 calories with semi skimmed milk and no sugar

If you look at My Fitness Pal you can work out the calories, that's how I track the 500 calories days.

I am so pleased - I never thought I'd get back into the 8's again [msnsmile2]
    Last edited by Sandra M; 21-04-2013 at 13:45. Reason: Spelling
    Sandra

Our first day in Chicago has been a food disaster so far. Alan gets all his breakfasts and lunches due to him being here for Rotary but I don't get mine and he gets an allowance until tomorrow so was able to breakfast with me. That's when I ran into trouble as we found a Cheesecake Factory open early[msnembarrased] I had the normal bread they serve before you get your meal and bread is my downfall so tucked in happily! Then I ordered French Toast with strawberries, pecans, and some sort of cream....when it came it was 4 huge thick slices of bloomer type bread which was so yummy. Of course the jug of hot maple syrup then arrived and I scoffed the lot!! Not had anything else all day until just now at 5.00pm and had 1/2 a cookie with coffee. We are going to a drinks reception at 6.00pm but I don't drink so that's okay but dinner tonight may be another problem[msnembarrased] Will have to get on the salads when we go to Florida late Friday!!!