Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 62 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: OV SLIMMING CLUB

Fiona, trouble is - I did visit Betty's Tea Rooms!!! We are staying at The Majestic Hotel for 4 nights and it is breakfast, lunch and huge formal dinners until Sunday

Enjoy Sandra you are at target so I'm sure you will be fine hope you enjoyed Betty's x

Some weeks are just a write off with what is happening - meals you have no control over. I just draw a line and try and get back on track as fast as possible. Sometimes stuff happens, but I believe taking control when we are able to gives you the impetus to move forward. Every day can't be perfect, and after all, every one of us on this thread has a weight problem, and may well do always.
    I've had a very good day today with one exception, came home and found that DH had bought me a chocolate cake, which I ate. Then I looked up the syns. Dis-ah-ster.
    So the next couple of days I need to be very careful and up the speed foods in an effort to gain control.
    Have a black tie dinner in 4 weeks time and hoping to shift half a stone by then (and more would be even better) and I'm going with my size 8 sister! She is about 7" smaller than me, but even so - funny thing guess who was the slim one growing up? Yup, me. And she was a little podge. Would never know it.
    Fiona

I started the week badly, but the last three days has been great . Sunday is weigh day I am hoping I have stayed the same at worsed and lost a 1lb at best.

I have accepted that some weeks are better than others, due to circumstances and what you do and where you go each week. It does make a difference to the control; you have on what you eat.

The good news is I have bought my first pair of magic knickers today . OMG what a difference they make, although I think they may take a while to get used too.Certainly smooth out the bumps and lumps, dont half make you feel slimmer!!!
    Last edited by luckylady; 13-04-2013 at 09:32.
    Barbara

Funny that isn't Fiona I was always very slim until I was about 28 in fact when I married George and my podgy friends then are now all slim. Good luck for the half stone
    I bet you will look great anyway.

Barbara good luck for the weigh in it will probably be better than you think. What make of knicker did you get I may need some for the wedding in Minneapolis in June!

Pam I bought Gok Wan magic knickers I looked at a few I thought the all-in-one maybe too much . I went for the one from the waist to just above the knee. When I took them out of the package . I thought no way will I get in these, but I did. I had them on all day yesterday and they were fine. they certainly suck you in . Gok advertises the knickers can drop you a dress size.
    Barbara

Thanks Barbara I think they sell Gok's underwear in Sainsbury's ? Did you just get your normal size?

Barbara can I be rude and ask if they leave you with a muffin top? Just I have always held off getting these (had to wear a corset after my reconstruction and got a couple from M&S) as I thought they might pull you in there but leave the other parts the same! My problem is I put on weight after my reconstruction (about a stone) which I lost ages ago -and more :-) - but do have the MT ;-(.
    DH actually rang me from Waitrose today asking if I wanted a cake or was I still having heart failure from yesterday. Absolutely not for the first, and a resounding yes to the second. And he came home without one for either of us - result!!
    We're in the showroom today and it is usually our busiest day we eat sandwiches / rolls that I make, so we always try and have a good breakfast; eggs, potatoes, baked beans and ham (or bacon in his case) so I'm not going overboard on the b's.
    Fiona

Quote Originally Posted by fiona View Post
    Barbara can I be rude and ask if they leave you with a muffin top? Just I have always held off getting these (had to wear a corset after my reconstruction and got a couple from M&S) as I thought they might pull you in there but leave the other parts the same! My problem is I put on weight after my reconstruction (about a stone) which I lost ages ago -and more :-) - but do have the MT ;-(.
    DH actually rang me from Waitrose today asking if I wanted a cake or was I still having heart failure from yesterday. Absolutely not for the first, and a resounding yes to the second. And he came home without one for either of us - result!!
    We're in the showroom today and it is usually our busiest day we eat sandwiches / rolls that I make, so we always try and have a good breakfast; eggs, potatoes, baked beans and ham (or bacon in his case) so I'm not going overboard on the b's.
    I can reply to you both Pamela and Fiona in my reponse
    I did try three in total ,first the all in one that goes to just below the knee and you use your own bra just has shoulder straps and the back is buld up. The highwaisted one that finishes just below the knee.
    Lastly the one that fits the waist and finishes above the knee.(I chose this one)

First I will reply to your question Pam, yes you have to be very true to your size, don't get a smaller size or you will defo have a MT if you choose the style I did . I bought the next size up to ensure I didnt have the MT

The highwaisted one didnt work for me it felt as if it would roll down during the day . Although it didnt when I tried it on.

I would say the all in one would be the best to ensure you didnt have a MT .But when I tried this style on I felt as if I couldnt breathe and I was a tad concerned about getting fully undressed everytime I wanted the loo.

I bought mine online and tried them on at home you are requested to have a shower and to wear panties and not to remove the labels when trying them on in case you need to return them.

I hope this helps ?

I have the slip with the straps that you wear with your own bra. It is really comfy but no good with sleeveless tops as the straps seem to fit outside your own bra so they are on show.
    i have a pair of high waisted pants in a different make "Lipo in a box" from QVC they are lovely smooth material, I anchor them underneath the band of my bra and they don't move[msneek] but it's a bit of a performance when you need the loo [msnwink]. If I have a top with sleeves I prefer the Gok Wan slip to make visits to the bathroom easier[msnwink]

They do sell some Gok Wan stuff at Sainsburys but not sure about the underwear though. I prefer to buy online as its a bit more private than having them nestled amongst your groceries[]

Liz