Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: seating arrangments

Florida Savvy

seating arrangments

hi all,
    i am currently looking at a popular seat planning website,... and can see there are 4 versions of virgin atlantic planes....... does anyone happen to know which version flys from gatwick on to MCO?

failing that, can you see which version when you go for twilight check in? not flown for years since this was intoduced!

given the chance i am very fussy, so it would be brilliant to know in advance the best choices to fit my wants!! i dont want to be over a wing, or near a bulkhead, and the different versions have completly different set ups for these perticular seats!!

also, how noisy/aggravating is the galley? i wont be sleeping, but it looks like this might be a good choice on version 3...

urgh the choices!!!! i am very excited, first holiday in many many years. the cats (we breed rare cats) stopped us being able to take time out, but now we can not carry on with them, its our biggest holiday ever!

kerry

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Not 100% sure as we nearly always fly from Manchester but I'm pretty sure they are Boeing 747 400's. Seating in Economy 3-4-3.
    Flying over the wings is not so bad, you disembark quickly being further forward, (after 1st class & Premium Economy) & because your not at the back (behind the engines) its also slightly quieter[msnwink]
    mike

If the site that you are looking at mentions seat in its name then it would be version 2 or 3 that they use.
    Euan

They move the planes about between routes, unfortunately, so it's difficult to work out exactly which version you will have. If you call them they may be able to give you more of an idea, but I don't know how early they make the final decision as to what plane goes where.
    Tonish

Florida Expert
    We have always had version 2 or 3 whenever we have flown with Virgin

Eric

Super Moderator
    Yesterday they switched our plan with one from the Las Vegas route and although it had seat back TV it did not have the system whereby you can chose a film and start it straight away nor did it have the games.