Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woolworths

Florida Expert
    It's a shame and unfortunately there will probably be few more that disappear this year, maybe not as high profile as Woolies.

KB Toys are the same over here, all the outlets are closing with everything 50% off.

Sad to look at as the shelves are half empty and the stores almost look like they've been looted.

Florida Expert
    I used to go to the Paignton one when I was a child. Now I don't live there anymore but me, my mum and the kids go on a 'grocal' day in the summer hols. Arcades, open top bus, icecream, pier and a trip to Woolies. We are sad to see it go and best wishes to all the staff xx

Florida Expert
    So sad for those who have lost their jobs.
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by janny
    My first Saturday job was in Woolies on the china counter back home in Bristol.I loved it there and met dome great people.
    [/quote]

Janny, was this the one in Broadmead? I was only thinking about this one the other day, where it was before they revamped to make The Mall (Galleries), such a sad day, a part of all our lives growing up, where will it end[msnscared]
    Karen Scott

Florida Expert
    Talking to someone in the queue in our local Woolies a couple of weeks ago and they told me that Pound Stretcher (or one of the Pound stores) were supposed to be putting in offers for them.
    Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    Woolies where I lived was always to busy to shop in...but I would use it for breakfast at 99p it was a bargain

Super Moderator
    It is a shame to see such well established companies going out of business. It looks as though several other well known names are also having trouble and either being sold on or will perhaps find themselves in the same postion. I wonder what will happen to Zavvi and whether they will survive.