Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woolworths

Florida Expert

Woolworths

Bought my first single there. Back Home by the England World Cup Squad.
    Did all my christmas shopping there when I was a kid.
    Underwear.
    Toys. Special edition, Woolies only, Matchbox Superfast cars and track.
    Videos and CDs on my visits to England.
    And those sweets! Blackjacks, Fruit Salads, Aniseed Twists, Kola Kubes, Hundreds and Thousands, Huge bars of CDM.
    Very sad that they are closing. Woolies in Kingston was always a must visit on my trips home.

Happy new year all............. [cheers]
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Florida Expert
    yes it will be missed. I always made a trip to Woolies as they had everything I wanted.
    Sue

Florida Expert
    My family will miss the Pick n Mix visit just before go to the cinema. Feel sorry for the staff.

my late mum and mum in law both worked in different ones in Brighton, i shopped there last week just to buy a memorable item nothing special.... but the queuing was ridiculous so i left it, it is very sad, they did a massive refurb in the western road branch somewhile ago, shouldve just shut the london road one at that time surely that couldve helped?
    its very sad as i always remember buying my 'singles' from there with my 25p a week pocket money saved...... still have Mud 'lonely this christmas' and Alvin Stardust ' my coo ca choo'
    very sad...... not my taste in music, woolworths will be greatly missed!!!

Liesa

We seem to be losing the old stores and making way for new names ,So lets hope we get something good in the place of woolworth .
    We have lost ours in the town a long time ago it became a large book and newspaper store .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Expert
    Ours closed on Tuesday, Adam and I went to look yesterday and its all just a shell now, very sad to see it go[msnsad]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ours closed last week and it was quiet sad, I remember buying things there when I was a little girl on the make up counter. Woolies was very different in those days. Feel sorry for everyone who has lost their jobs.
    Jan&Steve

My first Saturday job was in Woolies on the china counter back home in Bristol.I loved it there and met dome great people.

We remember the Woolworths fire at Piccadily in Manchester many years ago, we never really went into Woolies to be honest, shame it's gone in the centenary year.
    Regards, Mark

We walked passed the Woolworths in Halifax today and the shop has been completly stripped and emptied. Very sad