Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pushchair / buggy

Florida Chatterbox

Pushchair / buggy

Hi all of in May and will have to buy a new buggy / push chair as mine is to big to lug around, could anyone recommend a good one.

on i seperate note i have booked a normal seat for my daughter 15 month old she will be, should i have booked a skycot instead??

cheers

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Paul,

If you're staying in a villa check with the owner about prams and pushchairs, we supply a good pushchair. The umbrella type pushchairs available cheaply at Walmart are not comfortable for a 15 month old to spend the day in, if you really wanted to buy one before you go then I'd recommend a Graco cheap and cheerful, you can pick one in Argos for less than £80 or if you waited till you go to Florida you can get them in Walmart for less than $90.

Have you booked a seat for your daughter on the plane? I did this when my youngest was 16 months old and we were able to take her car seat on board which was much more comfortable for her plus we didn't have to hire a seat in Orlando. I think skycots are meant for younger babies, I may be wrong though!!
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    we flew home this week with Virgin and there was a bit of a kerfuffle before take off as someone had booked a skycot for their 11 month old and the babies legs were hanging out of the end so it was no use to them. I know Virgin also advertise a child seat which may be another option as it sounds like you have booked her own seat. If youu are able to take her own car seat on board it is the easiest option but they have to be an approved type, then you can use it whilst on holiday as well and know it is safe and comfortable for your daughter.

Like many we supply a stroller which is suitable from birth rather than umbrella type so would also recommend youu check with wherever you are staying to see if one is provided.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Paul, as others have already said most villas will have a buggy for your use. The way I am reading your question it seem`s you want one to take with you from the UK end rather than your "big" one. I have a big three wheeler one which was too heavy to cart around so bought the Mama and Papas Pulse buggy. It is lightweight and easy to put up/down and the seat goes right back and there is an ajustable footrest so the little one can have a good comfortable sleep not hunched up like some you see.

I did also buy a Maclaren Volo buggy while I was out there in Target for $99.00. dollars. What made me get it was the fact that the complete seat is really easy to remove from the buggy and wash ( I put it in a pillow case and pop it in the washing machine )and it dries very quick, you don`t have to worry about any spills or accidents in the buggy as you just take the cover off and pop it in the wash if need be. For me the Maclaren Volo is the best as a holiday buggy as it is a real lightweight but is a good strong well made buggy.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-38.aspx

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    You may find you need a pushchair at the airport, some of the idstances to the gates are long walks - this is Heathrow and Gatwick, not sure where you a re travelling from. It can also be a long trek at Orlando. If yo take your pushchair you can keep it until the boarding gate and then get it back with the luggage.
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi thanks for all the replies
    Want to take the pram to the airport as i dont what to carry her around for hours and yes booked a proper seat for my 15 month old, the pram i have at the moment is a quinny buzz which is no good to fold up,and after a half decent one, as to the car seat on board seems a good as i will be taking mine anyway, but how do i know it its approved for airline use i take i look at the Maclaren Volo and the mamas and papas.
    so the maclaren was better??

Paul

Gold 5 Star Member
    This is some of the info I found
    What does approved car seat mean?

Always check with your airline, but generally this means that it is a purpose built car seat, in good condition, with no damage and has a single front release type standard five-point harness. You will secure the car seat to the aircraft seat using the lap belt and you MUST take the operating instructions with you on board.

Check the width of your car seat, while airline seats vary in width, a car seat no wider than 16" should fit in most economy class seats. Even if the armrests are moved out of the way, a car seat wider than 16" is unlikely to fit properly into the frame of the aircraft seat.

Check with the airline to determine their busiest days and times. by avoiding these times, you are more likely to be on a flight with an empty seat next to you. In many cases, airlines will allow you to seat your child under two years of age in your car seat in the empty airplane seat without having to pay the airline fare for the child. Be sure to ask your airline its policy regarding an empty seat.

If you purchase a ticket for your child, reserve adjoining seats. A car seat must be placed in a window seat so it will not block the escape path in an emergency. A car seat may not be placed in an exit row.
    Most of the approved seats that meet the FAA guidelines will have some sort of sticker on certifying its compliance. but it would be a good idea to check with your airline. If worst comes to worst just take a black or clear sack incase oyu have to check it in.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    The Maclaren Volo is great as you can take the whole seat off and wash it ( to me VERY important, I hate to see grubby buggy`s )plus it is very lightweight. It is a great buggy for traveling. I know there are cheaper one`s to buy but to me it is worth paying the extra to get a decent one as at the end of the day the little one could be in it for some time and if they are not comfortable and happy nobody is!!!

We used the Britax Eclipse car seat when he was small and it fitted no problems. This seat is approved by airlines. Just a word of warning we have the Britax Evolva 123 now, although he is 5 years old he is very small for his age so we still have to use a 5 point harness carseat. I rang Britax themselves in October as I wanted to buy a travel cover for it and they told me that this Britax model is not approved by airlines.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-38.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi

i have 2 seats 1 isofix maxi cosi which will be too big so i have a small seat for my van which is non isofix a britax freeway so where do i find out if its compatable?

Paul

Gold 5 Star Member
    Paul
    Just Googled it and it looks like your Britax should be ok

http://www.whatshebuys.com/for-child-britax.html

It says that all Britax car seats meet or exceed airline regulation approval. If you check on the labelling for the seat (you sometimes need to look underneath the cover) then there may be a label that says FAA approved, which if you have any questions at the airport you can then show them.
    Babblin Boo