Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pushchair / buggy

Florida Expert
    This is from the Britax UK site the above link is for an American site and the rules regarding carseats are different.

1. WHICH CAR SEAT CAN I USE ON AN AIRCRAFT ?

The CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) accept child seats that are approved to the European Standard ECE R44 and can be fitted with a lap belt only.
    The following models from our range meet this criteria:
    Britax Freeway (Fisher Price forward facing seat)
    Britax Eclipse (including Si & Ultra models)
    Britax Renaissance (including Si models)
    However, as the ultimate responsibility for use is with the airline in question we recommend that you check with them to make sure that the child seat in question will fit dimensionally on their aircraft seat and gain agreement to use it before you intend to travel.

Please be aware that FAA (USA) airlines may have different regulations.

2. I HAVE SEEN A CHILD SEAT ON THE BRITAX WEBSITE IN THE USA, WHY CAN`T I BUY THIS MODEL IN EUROPE ?

The legal requirements of the USA, Australian and European Standards are incompatible so it is not legal for you to use a European approved child seat in the USA/Canada, Australia, or vice versa.

I have posted the telephone number for Britax here in the UK 01264 386034 for anyone who would like to give there customer service a ring if they are not sure about the seat they have.

PLEASE don`t forget when asking about your car seat to let them know you are flying then driving in America not Europe.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-38.aspx

Florida Newbie
    hiya,

jsut regarding the buggy - we have taken our daughter to florida twice now - once 4 months old & 1 year. we had a mclaren techno as it lies flat for evenings. its umbrella fold but still a bit bulky, so we are planning on buying a petit star zia - recently made i think. its similar to a quinny zapp but it reclines for sleeping on an evening. it also folds up much smaller than an umbrella fold so easier for transporting.

hope this helps.

lynsey

Florida Chatterbox
    Looks like you cant take you babies car seat onboard anymore, have a look at this

Thank you for your email.

For health and safety reasons we will not allow passengers to use their own car or child seats onboard our aircraft. Passengers requiring the use of a child seat onboard may utilise Virgin Atlantic's own Infant Care Chair (ICC).

Virgin Atlantic was the first airline to carry an ICC designed to meet with Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) specifications. The ICC can be used throughout the flight including during take off, landing and when the 'fasten seat belt' sign is switched on. The CAA has authorised the use of our ICC for children aged 6 months to 3 years. Passengers who require use of an ICC will need to have purchased a seat for the child at the applicable child fare.

Passengers may check into the hold their own child seats in addition to their free baggage allowance at no extra cost provided they are suitably packed.

To book an ICC, please speak with our Contact Centre:

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm a fan of The Apprentice and loved the pushchair featured on the programme a few weeks ago. It is called the Take Off Pushchair and is around £100.00.
    The apprentices didn't make it look easy to use at first but after a bit of practise it looks really simple.
    Paula

Paul, what did you end up doing regarding the buggy and seat?

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi the seat onboard had a sort of car seat insert and was great( see photo) as to the buggy bought one here that reclined so she could sleep in it and just gave it in at the gate.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi,

We are going to Florida in Feb, lots of kids and 2 of them under 2 years old (1yr old and a 3 month old baby).

Are the airlines (Virgin) ok with taking a double buggy right to the gate and then leaving it there?? We did this last year but only had the 1 buggy which folded up small, not like the new mams and papas double we're taking?!
    Garry Pullan

Florida Expert
    When we flew out in August this year there were two familys with the new double M&P buggy and they took them to the plane door just like normal. No problems that I could see as we were behind them all the way.