Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: airmiles

Florida Savvy

airmiles

hi all,
    i have just signed up for virgin collect club point thingy for cheaper flights, and then 10 mins later found airmiles website... i had wanted to fly virgin, but thought i would have a problem collecting all the points.... decided i would collect airmiles (i shop in tesco) and was delighted to see they offered virgin flights aswell as BA!!! bonus...

so my questions are,
    it costs 6500 points to go to orlando in zone 5, so for both of us would be 13000.... is it possible to pay part with miles and part with cash or does it have to be the full 13000 in airmiles?

has anyone/ do people fly like this regularly? is it an easy process like normal tickets with the same check in and security processes just the same? or is it difficult and not worth the hassle?

can you add other peoples clubcard vouchers? my mum has loads, she would give them to me but could i apply them to my airmiles account or does it have to be clubcard vouchers issued to my own clubcaRD in my own name?

thanks for all the help, i know i am getting to be a pain in the rear!

kerry

Gold 5 Star Member
    Did you say that you had viewed the Airmiles site? A quick look shows that you can pay 13,000 miles only, 7,800 miles plus £330 or 3,900 miles and £550. A ticket obtained through that process is exactly the same as paying in full.

If you want to get 13,000 miles through shopping at Tesco I think you'll need to spend over £54,000! There are much better ways of accumulating Frequent Flyer miles than that.

You can include your mother (or anybody else) on your Clubcard account so any purchases she makes will credit to your points total. Alternatively, take her receipts to the Service desk and they'll credit them to your account there. I don't know about crediting her existing vouchers but I think that's more difficult.

Every little helps! (sorry, I just couldn't resist that bit).

Gold 5 Star Member
    I use air miles and you can pay part air miles and cash. I know they take a long time to build up but I don't do much with my Tesco vouchers anyway other than spend them in store, and there are so many other sites you can collect them when shopping online. Debenhams, John Lewis, HMV, Waterstones. I bought some big items at currys and waterstones over the christmas period for the kids and again airmiles. Sometimes they do good deals, one year we went to Disneyland Paris as the air miles offer was half the normal deal.

You used to be able to use other people's as I used my sister's one year for Purple parking at the airport as it was much cheaper using my credit card.
    Jan&Steve

Airmiles can be a good way to get some money off the price of your tickets. We use BMI and these have been put to good use when I used them earlier in the year towards international flights.

on the Virgin routes use them early, otherwise you will not have the availability.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Savvy
    thanks for the help! i had viewed the airmiles site, but couldnt see the bit about paying part and part... i will take a closer look when i get my home pc fixed! (using in work atm) and can take longer to look about.

im not heAding ut till may 2010, so have a few months before he prices are released for then anyway but i will book early, even if i dont have so many points... 6 months to save, and i do about £300 of shopping per month plus petrol so i will just see what i get. its a huge relief that i can pay part and use part airmiles!

thanks for everyones advice again!
    kerry

Kerry,

Don't just rely on the website to use miles. If you phone the flying club I know from experience they have access to many more option( dates, availability etc) than just looking on the web site. Also seats can become available for use with miles after the initial release.

andrew
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx