Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No feedback from owner

Terribly sorry to hear about the experiences that you had. Personally we do not phone our guests while they are in the villa as, while they are there we want them to feel like our home is theirs, so I don't feel they would really want to hear from reminding them that it is not. This is just a personal thing, though. We do, however, have a fantastic management company and I would think that a lot of these issues should have been dealt with by them, as they are on the ground, so to speak. I would, however, ensure that I returned calls and liaised with the guests until any issues had been resolved.
    Euan

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP
    Personally we do not phone our guests while they are in the villa as, while they are there we want them to feel like our home is theirs, so I don't feel they would really want to hear from reminding them that it is not.
    [/quote]

I must say I agree with that approach. I did once stay in a condo where the owner called every few days to see if everything was OK. I'm sure she was well intentioned but we began to feel that she didn't trust us with her home. I suppose it's a matter of striking the right balance and some people will want contact while others won't

As long as I know where to go to if problems arise, I'm quite happy to be left alone.

Thankyou, KG, I look forward to your booking[msnwink].
    Euan

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    we telephone or email our guests a couple of days before they leave for the villa ,
    I agree with KG and MTP [msnsmile2]

Gail

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP
    Thankyou, KG, I look forward to your booking[msnwink].
    [/quote]

You never know.[msnwink]

We always telephone our guests the day after they arrive to make sure everything is ok and to answer any questions they may have. The guests don't mind because we get to know them quite well between booking and staying.

I don't personally call my guests, but my MC does and as they have internet access and a free telephone, even for international calls, I do tell them to let firstly my MC and then myself know if they have any problems. I can't believe that owners would be so crass as not to respond to a complaint, do then not care about their home or their guests?

Andrena

I do not have to call my customers as my MC offer a meet & greet that way any problems are sorted out face to face. I have found this to be very sucessful. Also our MC visit them on the day they are due to leave to check the villa over to ensure there are no breakages so they can sort that out as well before they leave. I do however email the guests when they return for their comments.
    Laura Keeley

Florida Chatterbox
    I think an MC call is sufficient. I feel that most people don't want bothered but if they have a problem then they need to know that they can contact someone who will sort it for them.
    Andy

Florida Savvy
    I have stayed in a villa a couple of times and a condo, and I wouldnt want the owner ringing me up. But I do want a number that I can contact either the owner or management company for if there is a problem! Its bad that you got no replies to your messages!
    Jo