Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confused from UK saying Hi!!

Florida Newbie

Confused from UK saying Hi!!

Hi there, Im a new guy on the block but have spent some time reading through the forums first and Im thrilled at the 'second' opinions that members give as opposed to the tour operators 'word'.

Im in the very early days of planning a summer 09 holiday for my long suffering family as a reward to them for many years support whilst Ive been serving in the British Armed Forces.

Heres my 'early' plans.

Leave the Army with a big pay cheque in July 09!!!

Hope to book very late (as I dont have funds till Im retired) for end of August beginning of Sept 09, probably for a 10 day break.

Flights from Manchester UK to Orlando international (Virgin has quoted me the best price so far).

2 Adults, 3 Children 14, 12, 4

Hoping to stay in a private villa with own pool/jacuzzi

Self moving - Mid range hire car

Visit all major parks, Dinsey Magic Kingdom, Universal, Seaworld etc ....

And lastly but by no means least ........... Have fun, no expense spared!! (within reason)

Im sure I'll pick many brains over the coming months on various topics and would welcome anybodys advice on any or all of the above.

Garry

Hi Garry and welcome to the forum[msnsmile]. With regards to booking very late, you will be able to book your chosen villa now and pay a small deposit and pay the balance 8 to 10 weeks prior to your stay, this way your are far more likely to find the villa which will suit your needs is available for your chosen dates. Book your car hire from the link at the top of the page for excellent price and service with just a £25 deposit too.[msnsmile] Go for it, I am certain you will have a brilliant time.
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Expert
    Hello Garry

Looks like you are going to have a great time planning your Florida visit.

Give yourself something to look forward to - looking at villas now will give you time to sort out what your requirements are

Welcome to the forum
    Linda

Hi Garry and welcome to the forum.

Enjoy planning your trip for summer 09. You'll all have a great time!
    Linda

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hello Garry - The best advice I could offer would be to go for longer. Come the end of ten days you'll be wishing you had another ten.

There is so much to see and do and experience in Orlando. So why not give yourself the trip you deserve and make a big event of it all.

Make sure you include Discovery Cove in your plans. It's an incredible day. Then just fit everything around that ... easy huh? [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnwink]

Keep the questions coming and we'll do our best to answer them all.

And have fun putting it all together. [msnsmile2]
    Steve

The best to do is book the villa you want as it is a favourite month and villas get booked up early .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

I'm sure you will have a great time. You will get cheaper flights if you go a little later so that the school holidays are over. There were some real bargains this year. If you go for 2 weeks instead of 10 days you will also have a larger range of flights to choose from.

Enjoy the planning

Lynne
    Lynne

Welcome to the forum Garry. Have a great time planning your holiday and indeed planning your 'retirement' from the British Forces.

Sandra

Welcome to the forum Garry I'm with Steve, if you can add a few days, then go for it. Ten days would give you a great holiday, but doing all the parks will be quite tiring, if you want a real 'holiday', then you need longer to have a few days off in between the parks
    Shirley

Hi Garry,
    good luck for your trip.
    m
    May I suggest that your choice of car for the family should be at least 'full size rather than mid range? Certainly I doubt if you will get all the luggage in a mid size.

We had a Pontiac G6 for the 2 of us this month and it was just about OK.
    US Cars do have large boots/trunks but the 'lid opening' is smallere than UK and you may need to put some cases inside
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx