Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: charity bins

Florida Savvy

charity bins

hi all,
    i was wondering if florida supermarkets have charity bins for clothes etc like ours do in england. my plan is to take older clothes out, and then at end of stay leave them so i have lots of space for other things to take home. but i would rather they went to a good cause then just binned, do they do such things?
    kerry

Florida Expert
    I am not sure about supermarkets having drop-offs for old clothes but there is a wealth of charity shops - they call them thrift shops - and I am sure they will be more than welcome for any cast-offs. Some thrift shops operate on a commission basis so make sure when you take stuff in that you just want to leave it there, you are not actually selling through their outlet.

Clare R

Florida Savvy
    thanks for the information, are thrift stores easilly around? im staying in the indian point area! obviously travelling around to all usual suspects, or would the MC be able to inform me where one is?

There are also Salvation Army drop off points but you would need to look in a telephone directory to find their location. Occasionally whilst we are actually in our villa, a plastic bag comes round for old clothes etc., and you leave it on the kerb on the selected day, but that is only about 4 times a year. You never know, it may happen whilst you are at a villa.

Enjoy your holiday.

Sandra

Florida Expert
    There is a big Salvation Army shop on the 192. It is quite far down but you just take your unwanted item`s in and drop them of. They are really grateful for anything you drop in and they will take any unwanted items not just clothes.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-38.aspx

There is a large charity shop down st cloud we took a lot of bedding and we gave them in at the side off the shop were they sort them and price them before putting in the shop .
    Ask people and they will tell you which shopping plaza it is on, The shop is called (The Goodwill Shop)
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    There are 4 Charity bins in the Carpark for Walmart on the I27 [ the one at Southern Dunes] , we go and leave stuff on every visit to the villa , it saves clutering up the owners cupboard with stuff that you wont wear again