Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Lockers in theme parks?

Florida Savvy

Lockers in theme parks?

hi all,
    i usually trvel light, and was wondering if the big parks have lockers or similar where you can keep your shopping and drinks for the day?

in england theme parks i just keep my phone and wallet in my zipped jacket pockets but dreading this part of the holiday because you couldnt possibly wear a coat in florida in may! can you get the travel belts to sit on the outside of your clothes? i hate the feel of them against the skin!

love kerry

Florida Chatterbox
    Hello Kerry

Yes, the parks have lockers, usually located close to the entrance, where you can store things you will not need. Cost at Disney is $5 for a small locker and $7 for a large locker, both plus a $5 deposit, returnable when the key is handed back.

At Disney, there is no need to worry about your shopping. When you come to the register to pay and before the person behind the desk has scanned your purchases, ask for "Package Pick Up". You will be given a form to complete (name, home address, etc) and tell the person you will collect your items at the park entrance. Your items will be scanned, you pay, your receipt will be attached to a copy of the form you completed and then your items will be bagged and sent to the entrance for you to collect as you are leaving. There is usually a map on your copy of the form - if not, any Cast Member will be able to point you in the right direction. I always use this service and have never experienced a problem with it.

You can always use a bum bag (known as a fanny pack in the US!). Makes it easier to carry small items like wallet and phone and does not get in the way on the rides, etc.

CLAIRE
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-572.aspx

Travel light Kerry, but you'll probably find it necessary to carry a drink around most of the day - depending on the time of year you are going.

Elaine

Florida Savvy
    thanks so much for the information, i am heading out in may, so expect a drink will be needed! weather or not i store them in lockers and return, or actually carry them im not sure.. will try to carry but i expect it will annoy me! bum bags sound ideal, but i will only need a tiny one for credit card and phone!

do the parks do a refil system? you buy their own container and get free or cheap top ups all day? they did this at alton towers a few seasons ago and it was great idea! or do they do water fountains to drink from? i think i read this somewhere there are fountains to refil bottles of water.

kerry

Hi Kerry,

Most of the parks have some sort of cheap top up system in place. There are also plenty of water fountains about for you to refil bottles.

Have a great trip.
    Graham