Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: may holidays?

Florida Savvy

may holidays?

im sure there have been somany questions asking this! but i cant find a topic of specific months i am interested in.... sorry if it has been asked before!

during may, what are the que like in the parks? do the american schools have a holiday during this month? i was looking at late may or late september, but i then realised sept and oct is more chance of hurricanes (of course a chance for every month but would like to minimise the risks...)

love kerry

Florida Expert
    We have been late May and late August/September. May I thought was a lot busier. August into September was very quiet. I was worried about the hurricane risk but would definately go this time of year again. THe parks were so quiet, particularly once the brit schools have gone back too. We went on soarin 3 times in 1 day[clap] Three hurricanes went by whilst we were there and we arrived at the tale end of Faye. It was very windy for an afternoon when they went past in the gulf (and rainy for one of them)but that was it. I was also concerned about the humidity but didn't find this too bad. I was actually able to get my husband in the shops with no moaning[msnwink]

We go every May (my birthday!) and the queues are OK. The weather is great in May.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Expert
    We have been twice in May and the weather is lovely (this year there was a 'heatwave'). The queues in the parks were very quiet. We also went in September and it was pretty quiet too.
    Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    U.S. schools have different schedules according to their particular school district, but generally speaking, the kids are in school throughout the month of May except for Memorial Day which falls on the last Monday of the month.

Super Moderator
    May is a good time to go as the weather is normally very nice and it is lighter in the evenings than in October.

A lot of schools do finish in May for the summer so there are more children but we have not found the queues to be that bad as it is balanced out by less UK children in the parks as they are still at school.

Florida Savvy
    thanks so much for the help!
    kerry

Kerry if you go at the beginning of May you will find it a lot quieter than the end when the UK schools have holidays, but don't tell anyone because that's when we like to go [msnwink]
    Julie