Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BA CLUB WORLD FROM LONDON

Florida Expert
    Isn't Virgin's Upper Class the equivalent of BAs First Class? I don't think BA operates First Class on many 'holiday' routes such as Orlando.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by FraserLynn
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    Just out of curiosity I was looking at various options from Manchester to Orlando yesterday and found that the Club World price is consistently very similar to Virgin's Upper Class. In fact, on some dates it is actually more expensive.

It's not my money (and they're both good products) but a Virgin UC direct flight would be much more attractive to me against a BA 777 Club flight I had to connect to/from in both directions.

[/quote]

If these are the same price, it would be an complete no brainer for me, Virgin UC every time. I can usually get BA club out of gatwick about £500 (or 33%) cheaper than the Virgn tickets.

[/quote]

I looked at a couple of low season and high season dates but I didn't see any where there was a significant difference between the 2 fares. I don't use Gatwick much at all so the position there might be different.

What I do all too frequently observe is the unjustifiably large difference between BA's Manchester (and other part of the UK) and London fares so perhaps it's that that's making the difference. On top of that, the regional services don't always easily connect to long haul flights so an overnight is often necessary.

I do like BA but they don't go out of their way to make things easy for passengers outside the South East. The level of service offered at Manchester these days is as bad as anywhere I fly.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by taylona
    Isn't Virgin's Upper Class the equivalent of BAs First Class? I don't think BA operates First Class on many 'holiday' routes such as Orlando.
    [/quote]
    No it is equivalent to BAs Club class. Virgin also only operate a 3 class service on this route
    Shirley

Given the fact the prices are similar I would go with the Virgin Upper Class service.

I have only travelled on the Orlando route in PE and was unimpressed!

Another option for you to look at might be the LHR - Miami. These Virgin flights have the new PE seats and are really good. I actually thought they were well worth the extra money. They will be cheaper than full on Upper, but you still get the extra leg room and bigger seats. For a family of 4 that could be up to £2500 cheaper.

But if you have the money to spend then Upper would be the way forward.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

A vote for Virgin Upper Class from me, assuming prices are similar. The Virgin service (at least in upper class) from Heathrow is excellent. The use of the Virgin lounge at Heathrow is worth a bit in itself.

The fares from Manchester seem exorbitant at times in comparison to London departures. We saved thousands during the summer travelling from London rather than Manchester.
    Tonish

Florida Junior
    Thanks all, I will check the virgin from london against manchester as well thanks